Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Any thoughts on Cary Williams?

He was always a douche personality wise. Have fun in Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I try not to believe the mob mentality that exists but unfortunately it does.

If you're a Raven you're great. The minute you leave you're shit.

You all do realize that in the article he is complimenting the Ravens? Also he played pretty well in 2011 and after fully recovering from hernia surgery towards the second half of 2012 he played decently. His pick 6 against the Browns saved the Ravens from an embarrassing loss. His INT against the Colts sealed whatever hope they had to comeback in the wildcard round. His INT closed the door on the Pats in the AFC title game. This from a guy who hadn't had a pick in his career until 2012.

Was he great, absolutely not but he wasn't the trash that so many are making him out to be. The Ravens offered him 3/$15M based off of his 2011 performance. He got 3/$17M from the Eagles with no offer from the Ravens only because of the emergence of Graham and Brown (and the continued growth of Jimmy Smith). Both parties made out fine.

I will agree that he needs to perform because Philly will turn on you in a minute. With that said some of the Iggles faithful agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Why are we mad about what he said? I take it as a compliment.

"You go into the Raven's house and disrespect them, they'll whoop your ass."
    I also took it as a compliment. I will not trash but thank all the players who contributed to the Ravens Super Bowl winning season. And to those no longer with the team... Good Luck ( but not against the Ravens!)
    GO RAVENS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Wow. I try not to believe the mob mentality that exists but unfortunately it does.

You all do realize that in the article he is complimenting the Ravens? Also he played pretty well in 2011 and after fully recovering from hernia surgery towards the second half of 2012 he played decently. His pick 6 against the Browns saved the Ravens from an embarrassing loss. His INT against the Colts sealed whatever hope they had to comeback in the wildcard round. His INT closed the door on the Pats in the AFC title game. This from a guy who hadn't had a pick in his career until 2012.

Was he great, absolutely not but he wasn't the trash that so many are making him out to be. The Ravens offered him 3/$15M based off of his 2011 performance. He got 3/$17M from the Eagles with no offer from the Ravens only because of the emergence of Graham and Brown (and the continued growth of Jimmy Smith). Both parties made out fine.

I will agree that he needs to perform because Philly will turn on you in a minute. With that said some of the Iggles faithful agree with him.
    severely under appreciated by this fan base. I dont think were better off without him because frankly we didnt add to the position. I dont see how this is a case of addition by subtraction even in the slightest and people really do tend to look past his coming off hernia compared to what he was at the end of the year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I didn't like him when he was here. He never was really anything special, and he was always good for a dumb penalty.

Just look at how many first downs he gave up. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

Where better to start than the raw numbers showing who gave up the most first downs? In that respect, the first walk of shame belongs to Sean Smith, who was beaten for 40 first downs and six touchdowns in 2012. Those 46 combined first downs and touchdowns were one more than Cary Williams and Patrick Robinson, both of whom had 45 as their magical number. How about that, two of the three are about to be free agents. Interesting.

Blog Entries

It's always been that way among many Ravens fans.

The Eagles defense was complete crap last year. That's one of the reasons why they brought in a physical corner. Williams is trying to bring what he learned here to his new team. That might be a little difficult with a college coach in charge but I understand what he's trying to do.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I realize he was giving us props which goes to show you sometimes the grass ain't always greener on the other side. The way I see it Cary has his money and maybe now alongside of that a little credibility. Maybe he can be the guy to come in and help set the tone for that D. (although I would not exactly bet my life's savings on it)

I am not exactly sad he is gone as well. Nothing personal.....just feel he did about as much as he could for us here.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

not great but he had his moments and lined up every Sunday. Guys come, guys go ... team can't keep everybody. He was a contributor on a championship and no one can take that away. Good luck in Philly.

Blog Entries

I thought he was pretty good for us last year and I think his last play was intercepting a Brady pass.

He's just trying to bring some toughness to that defense not unlike what Pollard's trying to do in TN. Here's Chip Kelly's comments on it: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ctice-comments

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I travel to Philly at least once a week and they've just been blasting Cary Williams the entire off season. This is really the first thing he's said or done with the team that has endeared him to some of the fans. When he didn't show for off season workouts, etc. every call was about how bad a signing this was.

But, they know their defense is bad and needs to get tougher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    severely under appreciated by this fan base. I dont think were better off without him because frankly we didnt add to the position. I dont see how this is a case of addition by subtraction even in the slightest and people really do tend to look past his coming off hernia compared to what he was at the end of the year.
    They did add to the position. They get Webb back. Also in a pinch Huff can play corner. His comments are a compliment, but he wasnt good last year, and not worth 5 Million per for 3 years.

12. Re: Any thoughts on Cary Williams?

I was dancing for joy when he left.he was notorious for playing 10 yards or more off the receivers.I was at the patriot came and Brady picked him apart all game.