Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Any thoughts on Cary Williams?

Thoughts? Thoughts on Cary Williams anyone?: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-eagles-soft-d
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Any thoughts on Cary Williams?

I haven't heard any outrage over letting him walk. He's an OK corner with a chip on his shoulder. Glad he refused to sign for 3 years now.

It seems like a lot of the players we refused to re-sign cannot seem to keep the Ravens' name out of their mouths. They miss the Ravens. Bernard Pollard is still carrying around his release letter and hanging it in his locker, Ed Reed is still wearing purple, Paul Kruger is trying to compare the Browns D to the Ravens, Ellerbee is trying to be the Dolphins Ray Lewis and now Cary is comparing the Eagle's personality on D to his former team. It's all so awkward. It's funny that Cary of all people is calling the Eagles D soft. Not that I don't agree with him because I do but he gave up the most completions for a CB last season and was pretty much a joke in coverage.

Two thoughts....

Cary is coming to realization of what he had ....

and, dayum he has fabulous eyelashes!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Best comment at the end. Even healthy and cooperative à borderline NFL starter. He gave up the most 3rd down conversions in the NFL last year. Didnt want him back.

Blog Entries

My thought is his tenure in Philly is off to a very rocky start with that fanbase. He skipped most of the voluntary workouts for very odd reasons, and then is coming out saying this type of stuff. He will have to put up BIG TIME performances if he wants them to not turn on him. I recall that he was an up and down type CB. Would have some nice INTs, but would also bite on some plays really bad. Namely, he bit on a double move in the Week 15 game against the Broncos that led to a Decker TD.

Also, I think Cary's comments may have been true, but the changes this offseason reflected a lot of clearing of those players who would tend to be overly heated and susceptible to penalties. See Pollard namely.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Cary will lose his starting role there sometime soon.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Just hit him how good he had it in Baltimore. Don't see him lasting long in Philly.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

He wasn't good enough to be a Raven.

Philly is a notoriously tough place to play. If he shoots his mouth off like this much more, he'll have his teammates, the coaching staff and the fans all railing against him. Good riddance I say.

Why are we mad about what he said? I take it as a compliment.

"You go into the Raven's house and disrespect them, they'll whoop your ass."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Exactly, Darb. I think we are better in the secondary now that he's gone, but I have no ill will towards him, especially for telling the truth.