Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign Dallas Clark

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ravens are missing their 3rd down guy (i.e. Boldin gone / Pitta now injured) so they went out and got two third down guys.

We're only trying to replace 900 yards and 4 TD's. I'd say the Stokley / Clark combo will do that and then some since Pitta is now hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm actually with Houston on this one.

The idea is not that they have to have such significant production from one area of the field.

The idea is that they can attack teams from anywhere on the field.

One safety has to follow Torrey.

That means a LB on Clark, a matchup he is still capable of winning.

It also means Stokely against a nickle in one on one, or one on one for the outside WR.

That's all before you have to account for Ray Rice and/or Bernard Pierce.

That's also before you account for how you're going to pressure Flacco with the way the line is shaping up.

They don't need world beaters in the middle of the field. They just need guys to run the routes and catch the ball.
    Very good points. Stokley caught pretty much everything last year. Out of 56 targets, he only had 2 drops. I think Stokley and Clark can bring the potential of being Flacco's "safety nets" as in dependable 3rd down receivers.

Re: Ravens sign Dallas Clark

Joe's struggles last season stemmed from the OL struggles. It mattered less who the receiver was as much as Joe was being chased around the field and rushed to make throws. Part of that was Cam too, the pass plays were slow to develop putting Joe in a pickle. It was a recipe for failure. The line was reshuffled and improved, we threw across the middle and suddenly we had super Joe. The pass catchers didn't change when things improved. As already said, we just need guys who can catch.

Clark had 47 catches last year at Tampa Bay, not too shabby. Is this the year age catches up with him? Who knows. But the same question can be asked about the much discussed aforementioned WR. It's not unrealistic to think he has something left. Afterall, Tony Gonzalez is 37.

Re: Ravens sniffing around Dallas Clark

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Not sure I can agree with that.

IMO, Clark is way past his "elite" days and Pitta was really emerging into a very good TE (pehaps never "elite", but he's not used that way anyway).

That said, I do agree that Clark and Stokley fit that "move the chains" role that is definitely lacking with all the other deep speed guys.
    Fair enough. I just have a really good feeling about these moves.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Fair enough. I just have a really good feeling about these moves.
    They needed to fill a niche. Nothing against Deonte Thompson, but it seemed like the Ravens were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The guy might become a fine receiver, but he's not a quick slant, find the seam, move the chains kind of guy. He's a burner who should be running skinny posts and deep crossing routes from the outside. They had to find someone who could work the slot, and apparently they weren't satisfied with Doss or Reed. Enter Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely.

I also think these moves are not good news for Shiancoe or Bajema, especially if the Ravens begin to feel comfortable with what Furstenburg and Jusczyck might bring to the table. But that's a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    They needed to fill a niche. Nothing against Deonte Thompson, but it seemed like the Ravens were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The guy might become a fine receiver, but he's not a quick slant, find the seam, move the chains kind of guy. He's a burner who should be running skinny posts and deep crossing routes from the outside. They had to find someone who could work the slot, and apparently they weren't satisfied with Doss or Reed. Enter Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely.

I also think these moves are not good news for Shiancoe or Bajema, especially if the Ravens begin to feel comfortable with what Furstenburg and Jusczyck might bring to the table. But that's a big if.
    Thompson looks like he should be eventually replacing Jacoby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I honestly think it would have been sooner rather than later if he hadn't got hurt. That's exactly the role he has the makeup of filling. Doss, has the makeup of being a slot guy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i dont like how mich older we just got during our "youth" movement. Prepare yoursleves to lose some good young talent this year.

THIS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Stokley at least made sense, this makes little to me. Id rather have fursty and juice frankly thye looked solid in the last game so the move seems odd. Im sure theres a plan with all of this but i dont like how mich older we just got during our "youth" movement. Prepare yoursleves to lose some good young talent this year.

Dallas Clark officially signed.

UDFA S Gary Walker waived to make room. I don;t think we will miss Gary Walker much.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

UDFA S Gary Walker waived to make room. I don;t think we will miss Gary Walker much.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I really, really hope Jacoby doesn't need to be replaced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

pretty clear i meant the final 53 cuts to add clark not the 90.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Current TEs:

Bajema
    Clark
    Dickson
    Furstenburg
    Pitta
    Shiancoe
    Silvestro

Obviously Bajema and Silvestro seem likeliest for the chopping block when the time comes. Peter King had an article too where it isn't 100% that Pitta misses all year. Very slight chance, but "not zero" chance.

How many TEs do we usually carry? 3? Maybe they bump it up this year given the injury situation(s).