Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sniffing around Dallas Clark

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It will be LJ Smith all over again.
    Are you saying you think Clark is injury prone the way LJ Smith was?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Harbs and Ozzie have long records of having UDFA make the team...

Jameel McClain
    Dannell Ellerbe
    Deonte Thompson
    Bobby Rainey (he bounced back and forth a bit, but was on the 53 man last year)
    Albert McClellan
    Josh Bynes
    Omar Brown
    LaQuan Williams
    Justin Tucker

and those are all in Harbs' tenure alone. And just about all those players made the club as rookies. Did they start? No. But who said Furstenburg was going to start?
    Good post. Off the top of my head, I also think Bryan Hall and Chavis Williams get added to the list too. One note is that McClellan and Bynes (same with Hall) didn't really make the team as a true UDFA. They were all UDFAs who spent a year on the practice squad before making the roster in year #2.

It is a bit of a testament to the Raven approach that the most dramatic win in Raven history ended on the foot of a UDFA (Tucker). Our 2nd Super Bowl ended on a tackle by another UDFA (Bynes). Perhaps the biggest hustling tackle in Ravens history was also by a UFA (Ellerbe).

Also, if we go back to the 2011/2012 AFC championship game in Foxboro, the turning point in that game came after a fumble forced by UDFA Laquan Williams was recovered by UDFA Emanuel Cook. That ultimately won't be remembered 10 years from now as a defining moment in our history, but it was a huge moment in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Cmon now. If there is any front office in professional sports today that panics less, I'd be intrigued to know who they are.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Good post. Off the top of my head, I also think Bryan Hall and Chavis Williams get added to the list too. One note is that McClellan and Bynes (same with Hall) didn't really make the team as a true UDFA. They were all UDFAs who spent a year on the practice squad before making the roster in year #2.
    I'm pulling Adrian Hamilton right now. He was a Dallas UDFA initially that we picked up after they cut him last year. He impressed in the first preseason game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post

No I said ufa. Read the thread
    Get your squirrely ass out of here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Or maybe Dickson's injury is worse than we thought and they're not taking any chances.
    Don't forget, NE and PIss wanted Clark too but we had Caldwell for him to re-unit
    with.
    I haven't heard any other team being interested in Clark. The Pats lost Hernandez months ago and had Gronk undergoing a 3rd surgery, They could have signed Clark all summer and didn't. I could be that Clark would only play for Caldwell but I don't remember seeing anything about him turning down any other teams. Last year he went to a very young Bucs team with a rookie head coach because he needed a job. I'm not so sure that if anything changed this offseason for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I haven't heard any other team being interested in Clark. The Pats lost Hernandez months ago and had Gronk undergoing a 3rd surgery, They could have signed Clark all summer and didn't. I could be that Clark would only play for Caldwell but I don't remember seeing anything about him turning down any other teams. Last year he went to a very young Bucs team with a rookie head coach because he needed a job. I'm not so sure that if anything changed this offseason for him.
    Just yesterday morning, there was an ESPN report linking possible interest from the Steelers.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    On the other hand, if we really had "good young talent" at TE and WR, we wouldn't have to sign these antiquities. Who is Oz's asssistant who's digging up these guys, Indiana Jones?
    good young talent doesnt necessarily mean ready to start right now. It means longterm theyd give more to this team than these vets on their last legs or even that they could contribute now. They just as easily could outplay them if they really do drop off quick due to age also. We lose a Furst for Clark, I do not see how that makes us better 3 years from now. Thats also speaking as somebody that thinks he could play significant time for us this year and was alright with Juice getting the plays that i feel Clark will be getting now. This effects both of those young guys. Furst for making the team and Juice for getting much PT. Not to mention that a move like that could also result in losing a young player at an entirely different postion. If youre commited to a youth movement... I think you need to stay committed and let them earn their stripes.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-12-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Just yesterday morning, there was an ESPN report linking possible interest from the Steelers.
    2 days ago NFL Network had the Ravens interested in Laurent Robinson. The Steelers had a TE hurt so therefore they must be interested in a name TE. These teams aren't talking to the media

Re: Ravens sign Dallas Clark

I have a feeling that we will see little of Dickson all year. Take an unreliable, underperforming guy then slap a nagging injury on him..? Well, I just don't see any significant contribution coming from that equation.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I have a feeling that we will see little of Dickson all year. Take an unreliable, underperforming guy then slap a nagging injury on him..? Well, I just don't see any significant contribution coming from that equation.
    Has more to do with Shiancoe and then not having to rush Dickson back hastlily. Then add Caldwell factor, Clark is à receiving TE running the dame system the colts used made him à Raven. Also, teams called on Clark weeks ago but my GUESS he wanted to avoid TC.

Blog Entries

Ravens wanted a TE before Pitta was and Dickson got hurt anyway, Shiancoe was even at practice the day Pitta got hurt.