Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens are signing Brandon Stokely

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    LOL at the panic.

My God people. It's been one, ONE preseason game.

How about we wait a couple of weeks before we flame on the team? The third preseason game is the better indicator.
    Doss has been with the team for 3seasons now he's a vet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Solo its been almost 4 seasons you think the light bulb is gonna go off now then Doss is gonna light it up? I believe what we see is what we getting should he hang around for another 3-4yrs and he might get it then?
    I have no idea if the bulb will go off or not.

What I do know is that he basically played the same position as Boldin, so he has t gotten a ton of reps.

The other thing (which is why he is labeled as soft) is because he was hurt pretty much his first year and his entire second pre-season.

This is his third season; his make or break year.

Whether or not you guys like it, Doss is going to be a part of this offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I am not sure what to make of this move. If Ozzie thinks he can get a full season's worth of productivity from Stokely, I think that is a pipe dream (the Broncos already caught lightning in a bottle last year).

Maybe this is to apply some more pressure on the WRs already here?

I would be stunned if Stokely gave the Ravens more than 8 games this year...the guy is almost as old as me.
    Your guess is as good as any.

I'm reserving judgement for a couple more weeks.

Doss has been with the team for 3seasons now he's a vet.
    Ok.

But didn't you just say in another thread it's too early to make any judgements? Does that only apply to the Steelers and not us?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

What I do know is that he basically played the same position as Boldin, so he has t gotten a ton of reps.

The other thing (which is why he is labeled as soft) is because he was hurt pretty much his first year and his entire second pre-season.

Agree. We're missing a huge point here as well - the coaches must see SOMETHING in Doss, ya know the people who evaluate players for a living. They felt good enough with him to give up Boldin. Give the guy a shot - 2 dropped passes (that were both TOUGH catches) last yr and he is getting scolded. What about the td he scored in garbage time vs the Texans?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    We need a guy who is tough enough to go over the middle and make catches. I am not sure I see that guy on our roster. We need a guy like Hin_ _, never mind.

Excuse me I just threw up in my mouth.
    I totally agree that the Ravens need a tough/route running guy over the middle.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Ok.

But didn't you just say in another thread it's too early to make any judgements? Does that only apply to the Steelers and not us?
    I guess what he's saying is Doss is in his 3rd year now, and nothing seems to be improving. If his past issues were just "Raw player" stuff, he would've shown something by now.

I think the people who are expecting the Ravens to cut Doss might want to sit down before reading the final cutdown reports. Doss is making this team, either with good play or mediocre. Just can't see him being outside the top 6 WR at the end of it all, considering both WR and ST play.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Thats fine and all if he can catch the ball, which he hasn't shown he can do consistently, Solo the fact they even signing Stokely shows a couple of things, 1. They are not comfortable with what they have and 2. Thompson injury is more serious than what it is, i am really hoping that light bulb go off Solo i really am i was rooting for Doss but he just seems like a disappointment

Solo its been almost 4 seasons you think the light bulb is gonna go off now then Doss is gonna light it up? I believe what we see is what we getting should he hang around for another 3-4yrs and he might get it then?
    We have not really seen Streeter play, but we have seen Doss. Doss has shown nothing to this point and it's time to let him go. Streeter is 6'5 and could be a big target for Joe but he needs to catch the ball. Let him have a shot with 1st team reps if he fails then we move on. Remember Torri would have probably been a second teamer because he was dropping balls left and right camp two years ago but when Evans got hurt he was placed into the starting rotation. He worked through it and made a name for himself against the Rams of that year with 3 TDS and the rest is history.

Blog Entries

Ok.

3seasons and he still can't be consistent? Preseason or not 3seasons he ought to have it figured out by now to atleast be productive. Atleast we know what Reed brings to the table he's a special teams ace and nothing wrong with that, as wideout you still gotta catch he hasn't done that consistently at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I guess what he's saying is Doss is in his 3rd year now, and nothing seems to be improving. If his past issues were just "Raw player" stuff, he would've shown something by now.

I think the people who are expecting the Ravens to cut Doss might want to sit down before reading the final cutdown reports. Doss is making this team, either with good play or mediocre. Just can't see him being outside the top 6 WR at the end of it all, considering both WR and ST play.
    I get what he's saying.

But we are ONE preseason game into his third year. How can any judgement be made?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    We have to be realistic!

A bunch of scrubs. Our reserve WRs have done nothing to demonstrate that they are NFL material. I'm hoping to see the front office keep one or two of them for special teams, get rid of the rest, and pick up some other candidates off waivers. then draft replacements next season..

Stokley's hiring will help offset some of the damage of losing Boldin, but it would be a real challenge for our passing offense to match the passing offense performance of the 2102 squad.
    Then there's the other side of the coin, Mr. T. The O-line should be more solid from game 1. Likewise Caldwell will be starting from game 1 as well. So when you factor that in, it's possible that with the addition of the middle of the field, and more time to throw, and better use of the players on hand...I wouldn't say that there's going to be a huge dropoff at all. It'll be different, and it could actually be better. Nobody expects to see a repeat of the PLAYOFF numbers, but regular season numbers? I would actually hope that this year will be better.