Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens are signing Brandon Stokely

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    We have not really seen Streeter play, but we have seen Doss. Doss has shown nothing to this point and it's time to let him go. Streeter is 6'5 and could be a big target for Joe but he needs to catch the ball. Let him have a shot with 1st team reps if he fails then we move on. Remember Torri would have probably been a second teamer because he was dropping balls left and right camp two years ago but when Evans got hurt he was placed into the starting rotation. He worked through it and made a name for himself against the Rams of that year with 3 TDS and the rest is history.
    Exactly!! Doss have seen in game action much more last season and was dropping balls, i remember him getting targeted back to back on redzone drive and drop both LQW made some crucial in game catches last year one against the steelers he seen less reps that marshmellow doss reps or not as a wideout u still gotta catch the ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    We have not really seen Streeter play, but we have seen Doss. Doss has shown nothing to this point and it's time to let him go. Streeter is 6'5 and could be a big target for Joe but he needs to catch the ball. Let him have a shot with 1st team reps if he fails then we move on. Remember Torri would have probably been a second teamer because he was dropping balls left and right camp two years ago but when Evans got hurt he was placed into the starting rotation. He worked through it and made a name for himself against the Rams of that year with 3 TDS and the rest is history.
    Because Streeter has shown anything?

At least Doss has game time experience.

Streeter will be lucky to make the team this year. Clearly you haven't been paying attention to camp notes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I feel this is another example of fans judging way to early. I really dont get it. Last year everybody was complaining about ellerbe getting a tender and he should have been cut. Glad we cut the possible mvp of the D for that meager 2m salary he wasnt worth. I really hope Doss strings some plays together gains the confidence hes lacking and makes a lot of people eat crow.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    LOL at the panic.

My God people. It's been one, ONE preseason game.

How about we wait a couple of weeks before we flame on the team? The third preseason game is the better indicator.
    The team signed Stokley, not the fans. I've been getting flamed ( as well as some others like 21215, Trap, Haloti, bmorecareful to name a few) for my concern about the WR position since the moment the rumors about us cutting Boldin started. The typical response was Ozzie believes in these guys so they will step up...and since he never brought in anyone else, these guys were showing they could do the job. Well, it looks like they finally had seen enough. If anyone is suddenly panicking, it's Ozzie for making this move this late in the process.

This concern is based off of WAY more than a preseason game. Other than Thompson, these guys have participated in at least 9 preseason games and 32 regular season games. They have had 2 and a half months of intense training camp practices...3 years of minicamps.

I don't see anybody panicking about the team or our season, just frustration that the team placed so much faith in these guys and none of them have come through. No team is perfect...we certainly weren't perfect last year. We'll see how this season goes, it's up to the coaches to use what we have to make it work and Stokley is a good piece to add at this stage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Doesn't hurt to add depth, and Stokely provides that.

Stokely's old, but Caldwell knows how to use him, so he should know which route to run when a play is called, at least. Still not sure I can say the same for the 3d-6th Wrs on the roster. If nothing else he helps patch up the gaps a little bit while the team dumps even more time into getting this flotilla of crap to show some signs of life.

Blog Entries

When they sign Stokely it showed all we needed to know, you have a bunch of young guys who haven't stepped up. 37yr old slot guy who can barely stay healthy yea thats the Fo showing confidence alright

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I feel this is another example of fans judging way to early. I really dont get it. Last year everybody was complaining about ellerbe getting a tender and he should have been cut. Glad we cut the possible mvp of the D for that meager 2m salary he wasnt worth. I really hope Doss strings some plays together gains the confidence hes lacking and makes a lot of people eat crow.
    Yea, Ellerbe...that guy sucks. They should have cut him during pre season...oh, wait...

BTW, the preseason game was 3 days ago and while there was a little frustration noted immediately after the game, it didn't blow up until this signing and this thread.

So if there is a ground zero for some fans that are realizing that these WR's aren't getting it done in the teams opinion, it's this Stokley signing...not the preseason game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    When they sign Stokely it showed all we needed to know, you have a bunch of young guys who haven't stepped up. 37yr old slot guy who can barely stay healthy yea thats the Fo showing confidence alright
    54 receptions and 5 TDs last season is barely staying healthy?

Blog Entries

I will say this about Ozzie. How many times have you rooted for a team, and "This guy sucks" or "we really need a new (insert position here) or "we just need one more pitcher"

At least when I say this about the Ravens it seems like Ozzie is always a step ahead.

I hope I am wrong and one or more of these guys come through--but I am glad I follow a team that sees the same weaknesses we all see, and follows up and tries to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Doesn't hurt to add depth, and Stokely provides that.

Stokely's old, but Caldwell knows how to use him, so he should know which route to run when a play is called, at least. Still not sure I can say the same for the 3d-6th Wrs on the roster. If nothing else he helps patch up the gaps a little bit while the team dumps even more time into getting this flotilla of crap to show some signs of life.
    I think "depth" is a very generous way to try to frame this. I think that in order for there to be depth, there actually has to be something there in the first place. I'm not even seeing that, so I don't think Stokley provides depth; I think he provides substance.

Blog Entries

Some of you guys need to take some midol. Geeze how about relax and see what happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk