Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade partner?

Blog Entries

Re: Trade partner?

They are not bringing in a vet WR guys... certainly not trading for one. If somebody they really like gets released I can see it, but whats the chances of a guy getting cut thats actually producing? I think they learned their lesson in picking up late cuts at skill positions.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

what about a guy like nate burleson? it is pretty sad to throw out names like that but if none of these WRs step up...we need to evaluate all options.

Blog Entries

If (and it is a big IF) they trade, Art Jones is the logical player to trade.

1. He is in a contract year and may be too expensive to retain after this year; especially if they plan on keeping Ngata and Suggs at their current rates.

2. He is coming off of a really good year, so there is a boosted value in Art.

3. He is in a crowded house with not enough reps to go around.

4. He is versatile enough to play the 0, 3, or 5 technique.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If (and it is a big IF) they trade, Art Jones is the logical player to trade.

1. He is in a contract year and may be too expensive to retain after this year; especially if they plan on keeping Ngata and Suggs at their current rates.

2. He is coming off of a really good year, so there is a boosted value in Art.

3. He is in a crowded house with not enough reps to go around.

4. He is versatile enough to play the 0, 3, or 5 technique.
    I wonder what he would fetch on the trade market.

What teams need DL help that have WR to spare? Probably very few.

Blog Entries

Art Jones+ change for Hakeem Nicks.

Both will enter FA next year.

Both will want to be paid.

I don't really love Nicks due to his injury issues but that would certainly be a splash. I don't think the Giants will retain Nicks, they seem happy with Cruz and 2nd year Rueben Randle and without Nicks' headaches...

0.003% chance of happening but interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Isn't the team on record AFTER the Pitta injury saying they're not bringing in a vet WR?
    Here's a quick recap of indications the team has made re: a vet WR over the past few months. In May Ozzie was saying this:

“We’ll just play the field, and if there are some other good players that become available, then we will pursue those also. We need a … we could use a veteran receiver,” Newsome told John Clayton on ESPN’s Inside the Huddle. “And so we could possibly be looking out for that.”
    And in June the Ravens' website was reporting this:

Ravens brass isn’t “planning to pursue” a veteran wide receiver, including Brandon Lloyd and Austin Collie, according to The Baltimore sun.

The report notes the Ravens could change course and decide to explore the market later, but right now the focus is on evaluating the current receivers on the roster and giving them an opportunity to prove themselves.
    You'll note that all the statements in this respect are extremely vague and conditional, full of "if's" and "right now's" etc... You need to be wary of putting too much stock into coachspeak. They're going to say the same things they said in 2011 when they said they weren't bringing in a vet and then traded for Lee Evans, or in 2010 when they said they weren't bringing in a vet and then brought in TJ Housh.

I expect a personnel move sometime this month to bring in a WR if the next few preseason games look similar to what we just saw.

agreed with most of the posters.
    Art Jones is the only one with value enough to get a player at WR/TE that could help us.
    Terrance Cody wouldn't fetch a cheeseburger in trade... lol
    The announcers even made mention last night that he graded out as the single worst NT's in the entire NFL last year, starter or reserve.

Blog Entries

If the Raven don't have a credible alternative WR opposite Torrey Smith, then Torrey is going to see a lot of double teams this year, which will limit his production. Either one of the young guys they have has to step up in the next 1-2 preseason games, or the Ravens need to make a trade. I am done with Tandon Doss. It is his third year in the league and he still hasn't shown anything. I am also upset with the contract that the Ravens gave David Reed this off-season. He was signed for $2.5 million, which could have been used to help keep Boldin. It was a mistake to resign Reed. He can't stay healthy, and will probably end up eating up cap space on IR yet again if he makes the team.

I agree with those who say that Mellette and Williams should get more reps with the first team over the next two games. If they don't at least give an indication that they can handle such a role, then the Ravens should look to find a credible WR via trade. It could mean trading a player, but I could also see them trading a 4th round pick in next year's draft for a WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

Both will enter FA next year.

Both will want to be paid.

I don't really love Nicks due to his injury issues but that would certainly be a splash. I don't think the Giants will retain Nicks, they seem happy with Cruz and 2nd year Rueben Randle and without Nicks' headaches...

0.003% chance of happening but interesting idea.
    Nicks was who I thought of first as well.

Maybe Andre Roberts from AZ?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If we could see some old draft boards we could see who the Ravens' liked at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Throw in Cody. It may not sweeten the deal but it will add weight to it.

Blog Entries

2014 FA WRs:
    Eric Decker
    Kenny Britt
    James Jones
    Hakeem Nicks
    Santana Moss

http://www.overthecap.com/freeagents...n=WR&Year=2014

Problem is a lot of teams have been hit with WR injuries this year. Scarcity.