Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade partner?

Blog Entries

Trade partner?

Player for player trades rarely happen in the NFL, especially not big name players.

However, the other day I saw this:

"Pat Kirwan ‏@PatKirwanCBS 19h
    After visiting the Ravens and watching practice they have some real quality depth in the defensive line may even have a guy to trade"

and then today in the Good, Bad and Ugly:
    "Given what looks to be some excellent depth on defense, the Ravens’ front office is more than likely on the prowl for a trading partner"

If none of the expected young WRs turn out, and we are forced to again acquire a veteran WR, then:

1) Who from our defense (e.g. D-Line) is expendable?
    2) Which team would be most in need of or willing to trade a WR for our defensive player?

Re: Trade partner?

Number 1. Is Jones, Cody and Tyson.
    Number 2. I have no earthly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Number 1. Is Jones, Cody and Tyson.
    Number 2. I have no earthly idea.
    ???? Jones isn't going anywhere... lol. At least I hope not. Cody on the other hand.... but does he even have value?

No ones going to want Cody. I know how good Jones is and how big he'll be for us this year BUT he's probably not going to be coming back next year because he'll get money somewhere else. If we could pull off a trade for a decent WR I'd give up Jones given our DL depth.

However, I can't see this happening
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I can't see us trading, maybe pick up a late cut or something. And I'm not sure I see that happening. On a team with a bunch of new pieces that doesn't seem to be gelling (it was just a few series in preseason mind you) do we really want to add another new piece?

Blog Entries

Very unlikely IMO. Waiting for the cuts to see who becomes available

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I guess the likely candidates would be McPhee, Art Jones, Tyson or Cody. Not sure how much value those last 2 have.

The likely target? No clue but I would love to see a guy like Denarius Moore.

It seems like he has tuned out on OAK (which might be a character concern) but I think he would be a good change of scenery guy. I know he has has issues with drops, but he is young and has shown flashes.

OAK is a wasteland and could use more picks and/or a young up and comer like Art Jones (assuming the Ravens aren't going to want to pay Jones in FA).

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    ???? Jones isn't going anywhere... lol. At least I hope not. Cody on the other hand.... but does he even have value?
    Jones has value definitely, and thats why I mentioned him. He will be looking to get paid next year, might as well get value now. Cody is a big guy with a Raven pedigree and a Superbowl ring. Some teams over value that, look at Miami and the Browns and what they paid Ellerbe and Kruger.

Blog Entries

Not going to happen, but if it were Art Jones would probably make the most sense. Art Jones is a young up and coming player who could be a star with a relatively small cap hit for the value he offers. I'm sure there would be some team out there willing to give up a decent wide out for Jones. This isn't the way the Ravens FO works though, they want to keep Jones for another year because of what he offers to the defensive rotation, even if we do lose him next year. He is kind of expendable because of the depth we have, Marcus Spears is a very capable starter and a good run defender. But Jones is just too much of a good player to give up for just a solid receiver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Jones has value definitely, and thats why I mentioned him. He will be looking to get paid next year, might as well get value now. Cody is a big guy with a Raven pedigree and a Superbowl ring. Some teams over value that, look at Miami and the Browns and what they paid Ellerbe and Kruger.
    if only we could snooker a dumb team to fall for Cody in exchange for a decent WR. there are some dumb front offices...not sure if they are that dumb though.

Isn't the team on record AFTER the Pitta injury saying they're not bringing in a vet WR?

Let's offer the 49ers a 6th rounder next year for Anquan Boldin.