Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly: Ravens @ Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    And then last year he kind of disappeared. I wonder why?

To me, LaQuan has showed more than most of the other WRs he is battling for a spot with.

D Reed has flashed at returns, but that SEA game still makes me sick.
    Doss, in limited snaps, hasn't impressed.
    Streeter is a project.
    Thompson looked good on returns last year too before being yanked in favor of Jacoby.

In view of the above, LaQuan has done more than most of those guys. Yet it seems the coaching staff is hesitant to give him a full blown shot for some reason. Maybe they see a weakness we don't see. It seems like LaQuan balls out every preseason and then just disappears to the bench/ST in the regular season.
    Laquan was the third WR that year after Evans went down up until the Jaguar game where we couldn't get a first down for an entire half. He really, struggled with multiple drops in that game and it seems as though the coaches wrote him off at that point.

I'm kind of like bmore in that I don't know if he is a guy who you'd want constantly on the field as a WR, but the guy brings his lunch pail every day and is consistent. I hear all this stuff about how Doss has these "strong hands" and can make contested catches, but every time he needs to fight for a ball or make one of those tough catches, he blows it. Whether its preseason or regular season. I've never seen those hands, while I routinely see it from Quan whenever he is on the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Laquan was the third WR that year after Evans went down up until the Jaguar game where we couldn't get a first down for an entire half. He really, struggled with multiple drops in that game and it seems as though the coaches wrote him off at that point.

I'm kind of like bmore in that I don't know if he is a guy who you'd want constantly on the field as a WR, but the guy brings his lunch pail every day and is consistent. I hear all this stuff about how Doss has these "strong hands" and can make contested catches, but every time he needs to fight for a ball or make one of those tough catches, he blows it. Whether its preseason or regular season. I've never seen those hands, while I routinely see it from Quan whenever he is on the field.

Other than the Colts game, what are you referring to? What other contested passes has he blown it?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

LaQuan is no world-beater but I think he deserves to get more reps with Flacco instead of Tyrod. Especially since it looks like Thompson will be down for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Other than the Colts game, what are you referring to? What other contested passes has he blown it?
    One last night, and I saw a couple in the practice I went to last year.

He isn't going to get a lot of separation most of TE time a if he wants to be a significant contributor, he needs to come down with some of these passes.

Otherwise, he doesn't get thrown to because he's not getting open.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I read that neither Doss nor Thompson were targeted at all last night.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    LaQuan is no world-beater but I think he deserves to get more reps with Flacco instead of Tyrod. Especially since it looks like Thompson will be down for a bit.
    I agree. He needs to get into that 3rd WR competition.

Where'd you read that? In fact, Thompson had a catch on the play he was injured.

The Doss play, to give him the benefit of the doubt was at one of the points in the game where it was pouring, but it didn't even look like he was close to pulling it in.

Doss did have a crucial catch during last years San Diego game (in OT?) where the DB was right on him and he came down with the grab.

Blog Entries

Thompson was targeted twice. One drop, one catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Doss did have a crucial catch during last years San Diego game (in OT?) where the DB was right on him and he came down with the grab.
    Did he? I stand corrected then.

He needs to do it more often.

around the 4:20 mark

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

around the 4:20 mark
    I believe you. And thanks for the vid.

He needs to do that more often though.