Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Good, Bad & Ugly: Ravens @ Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    He did--on third down I believe. At some point they have to give him a shot, all he seems to do is make plays.
    I think you're right. Two of them, IIRC, during Sunday Night Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I have more confidence in Laquan than Doss and Thompson to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It saddens me to agree with this.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

aaron wilson just tweeted pierce injury not considered serious, he should be fine and will be further evaluated later today.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Love hearing that LQW continues to shine.

Agreed he needs to run with the #1's going foward. Can't wait to watch the replay!
    LaQuan's TD catch was Boldinian--seam/post route, elevated over the DB to make the catch despite decent coverage. I've been "down" on LaQuan because I never really saw him as a true WR, more of a ST guy who could fill in at WR in the event of an injury, but there is no disputing that the guy makes plays when he is on the field.

Whether it's with the 2's and 3's or not, he consistently gets open and makes tough catches. Some football skills are natural and not taught, and IMO the toughness and concentration required to make tough catches in traffic are some of them. LaQuan appears to have some of those "natural" skills, and I want to see him get a shot in the slot with the 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    aaron wilson just tweeted pierce injury not considered serious, he should be fine and will be further evaluated later today.
    That's great news.

There's a lot of locks on the team that success is getting through the preseason without injury. While you don't want to put too much into one preseason game, many of these guys are either playing for a roster spot and/or a starting spot. What they do in practice weighs on this, but they need to perform in game time situations. LQW made the most of his chances, he can only play against who is on the field at the time he's in there. He made the most of his opportunities and I hope he impressed enough to see him run with the 1s.

I'm interested in seeing more of Shiancoe, Furstenburg and Juice. Dickson is going to be the starter, but depth is needed and someone for 2 TE sets. Bajema is a blocking TE. I'm not high on him since he's not a threat as a pass catcher. With the WR situation being what it is, the TEs could see a lot of targets.

After only one preseason game, it's far from over yet. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but imagine a Delaware QB throwing to 2 WRs and a TE from Maryland.

Blog Entries

he also tweeted the Thompson injury is considered more serious of the two (pierce/thompson) and that it is the left foot/ankle.

Blog Entries

Did kJ really get any looks?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's credited with 2 catches for 8 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A couple of short catches but mostly used as a lead blocker where he did ok. He did have one play where the LB stood him up and disrupted the run.

Blog Entries

we seem to forget LaQuan has some valuable in game experience already. Didn't he make a pretty crucial catch in a game at Pitt a few years ago?
    He made two catches on Flacco's 92 yard touchdown drive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    He made TWO seperate catches on Flacco's 92 yard touchdown drive.
    And then last year he kind of disappeared. I wonder why?

To me, LaQuan has showed more than most of the other WRs he is battling for a spot with.

D Reed has flashed at returns, but that SEA game still makes me sick.
    Doss, in limited snaps, hasn't impressed.
    Streeter is a project.
    Thompson looked good on returns last year too before being yanked in favor of Jacoby.

In view of the above, LaQuan has done more than most of those guys. Yet it seems the coaching staff is hesitant to give him a full blown shot for some reason. Maybe they see a weakness we don't see. It seems like LaQuan balls out every preseason and then just disappears to the bench/ST in the regular season.