Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Observations

Re: Observations

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    And hope Moe Lee goes in the PS.
    I don't, because if he does another team is going to nab him quick. He's showing too much potential. CB-needy teams have their eyes on the waiver/PS wire, and you KNOW Jim Harbaugh is well aware of his brother's overcrowded backfield and the fact that one of them could help out his deficient secondary.

The way I see it, it's either a roster spot or to the IR with a phantom injury for Lee if we want to keep him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Ok but if that's the case who will be Justin Tucker in this analogy?
    I would have said Deonte Thompson, but he hurt his foot. Oddly enough, considering we are talking about kickers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I haven't read the whole thread, but couple things I saw early on.

1. Doss was open on the Flacco INT for a tight throw. On the Jacoby drop Doss was WIDE open, nobody next to for 5 yards. We should have gotten an easy 1st down that was on Flacco.

2. Unless we start Deonte at the number 2 slot, put Leach, Jones, Bajema on the bench, and start Doss in the slot we won't have any idea how potent this offense can be. Put DT and Doss were they can excel instead of behind JJ.

3. LW and Mellette need 1st team reps.

4. Moe Lee, Adrian Hamilton should make the team.

5. Daryl Smith and Arthur Brown should be solid starters in the middle of our defense. But who'll play behind them?

no it wasn't just you. I said the same thing when I saw the replay. He certainly didn't come back hard or fight for the ball. Jones also dropped another pass. I like Jones but he's more of a bomb guy that he can catch like a punt. I see him as a 3-4 type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    We do not have a #2 wr that can get open when the Ravens run a traditional I formation with Leach in the game. The running game is not good enough to require other teams to sell out to stop it. The play action game out of that set it is abysmal. Guys just don't get open. That is why last night you saw most of the passes go to the rbs. It has been like that for 4 years. By the way most teams in the league would be in the same boat. To me the running game is no better with Leach in than it is out of a single back. Other than in goal line and short yardage situations. With the first team offense in there they tried to establish the run and could not. I hope in game two we see more single back and more open offense out of our first team. Maybe they were just trying to ease the starters into live game action.
    We need Leach. Did you not see Juszczyk getting blown up by defenders all night? His blocking at best was poor.

Elam is a HITTER

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    We need Leach. Did you not see Juszczyk getting blown up by defenders all night? His blocking at best was poor.
    I saw him get blown up a couple of times. I also saw him blow up a guy as well as hold his own on occasion. He certainly has a long way to go, but I wouldn't call his blocking poor. Average and inconsistent are words that come to mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I saw him get blown up a couple of times. I also saw him blow up a guy as well as hold his own on occasion. He certainly has a long way to go, but I wouldn't call his blocking poor. Average and inconsistent are words that come to mind.
    I think Juszczyk is going to be a good player, but I agree that he may not be ready for prime time this year. I am very happy that the Ravens resigned Leach.

I'd like to see Juice get some carries behind Leach on some short yardage plays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    We need leach on short yardage and goal line. Not between the 20s.

Bullet Dodge hopefully

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 4m
    Bernard pierce suffered no structural damage to knee but sprained it and out a few days at least per a source

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Bullet Dodge hopefully
    That's big. The offense needs him. Bad.