Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Observations

Re: Observations

Jason La Canforta article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...ut-rb-ray-rice

It's hard not to like the guy. I think he has some insightful thoughts, especially with Ray Rice in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
    I don't, because if he does another team is going to nab him quick. He's showing too much potential. CB-needy teams have their eyes on the waiver/PS wire, and you KNOW Jim Harbaugh is well aware of his brother's overcrowded backfield and the fact that one of them could help out his deficient secondary.

The way I see it, it's either a roster spot or to the IR with a phantom injury for Lee if we want to keep him.
    Yep I agree. No way Moe Lee lasts longer than a day on our practice squad. But at this point I see him making this football team.

I think the locks at CB would be Webb, Corey, Jimmy, and Chykie (although he didn't impress on Thursday). We'll carry at least 5 and I think Moe will be our 5th. I don't see how Chris Johnson or Marc Anthony make the team. Asa of course will miss the 1st half of the season.

I think we'll carry 10+ DBs this year (we usualy have around that number on our team). My ten are Webb, Jimmy, Corey, Chykie, Moe, Huff, Elam, Ihedigbo, Omar, Trawick.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/ravens_report/

Looks like the whole team was a little emotional today.

- After one preseason game, the emotional pressure on some players showed on the practice field. Wideout Jacoby Jones uttered a loud obscenity after making a catch, although he did not appear injured. Undrafted rookie Marcus Rivers barked, "Come on, man!" at himself after a drop and nose tackle Terrence Cody flung his arm in a frustrated gesture after getting knocked to one knee during a team drill.

- Harbaugh tore into his team on both sides of the ball at certain points during practice, yelling, "You can whine, you can cry or you can play defense!" Another broadside came during an especially sloppy offensive period -- one that featured three turnovers -- when he said, "If this was a real game, it would be 40-0!"
    - Cornerback Jimmy Smith did what he didn't do against Tampa Bay -- look back for a thrown pass. He picked off a surprisingly weak Joe Flacco throw for Jacoby Jones, then handed the ball to Harbaugh as he ran past him.
    - Marlon Brown made a fine leaping grab in the back of the end zone despite what looked to be illegal contact from cornerback Chykie Brown, who had two pass interference calls against him in Tampa.
    - Defenders did break up their share of passes Aug. 10. Safety Michael Huff knocked one down in the middle of the end zone and rookie nose tackle Brandon Williams dropped back in a zone blitz to swat a Flacco pass away.

- Wide receiver Tandon Doss beat cornerback Corey Graham badly across the middle. In an effort to make up for it, Graham practically climbed over tight end Visanthe Shiancoe's back to try to get to a pass and then knocked away a pass for wide receiver LaQuan Williams while blitzing.

Sounds like the competition is heating up a lot. Be careful Jimmy, doesn't sound like Harbs is in a playful mood. Some of these guys are seeing their dream slip away.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,4291907.story

LEACH MAKES AN IMPACT: Fullback Vonta Leach wasn't on the roster the last time the Ravens did their goal-line drill, but on Saturday, he made sure everyone knew he was in the house. After the offense scored once on five snaps with Juszczyk as the lead blocker, Leach came in and started cracking helmets. He knocked back inside linebacker Josh Bynes with a block that Bynes wanted no part of. He later landed a helmet-to-helmet hit on Brynden Trawick, leaving the rookie cornerback woozy. The offense scored on nine of 11 goal-line plays with Leach on the field.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...d-1708e57533c9

The offense was having its way for much of practice, including in the red zone and in goal-line drills. Harbaugh challenged the defense by saying, “You can whine, you can cry, or you can play defense.”

After Harbaugh’s words to the defense, cornerback Jimmy Smith intercepted Joe Flacco on the very next play. Smith jogged to Harbaugh and handed him the ball.
    While the offense ruled most of the day, and still finished on top, the defense nearly came back to beat it. The defense dominated the final hurry-up 11-on-11 portion of practice. Flacco was picked off three times, by Smith, linebacker Terrell Suggs and safety Michael Huff. Flacco slammed his helmet to the turf as he came off the field following the last interception.

Suggs, of course, let the offense know it was struggling late in the practice. He continually taunted Offensive Coordinator Jim Caldwell and said, “If this was a real game, we would be up 40-0! What kind of ship are you running over there?”

Flacco didn’t say a word, but did fire back at Suggs. He simply strode onto the field and exaggeratedly pointed to the scoreboard. At that point, the offense was winning by a lot more.
    Rookie free agent Marlon Brown had a nice catch on a jump ball in the end zone. The Ravens targeted the 6-foot-5 wide receiver in the red zone on a few occasions.
    The Ravens gave wide receiver Tandon Doss a number of looks in short-yardage situations, where he showed strong catches to pick up first downs.

Blog Entries

Sure hope Marlon Brown catches on.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Sure hope Marlon Brown catches on.
    Me too.

Having a legit 6'5" receiver who can play? A dream come true.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Me too.

Having a legit 6'5" receiver who can play? A dream come true.
    That has been missing ever since Clarence "alligator arms" Moore was cut.

Would be nice to have a guy that size who is actually physical lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

http://russellstreetreport.com/films...game-1-review/

• Rick Wagner got an extended look at LT. After Oher, he’s the shortest of the Ravens’ tackles at 6’6”. He held up well as a pass blocker with no significant errors.
    Williams, Brandon (+1): He flowed to the ball well and had 4 tackles, all of which would be classified as defensive wins by the Football Outsiders system. It was a solid pro debut in an extended look.
    So my eyes didn't deceive me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    So far it seems like Ricky Wagner could be a really nice surprise.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.