Fantasy football question.

We have a keeper league this year and the player you keep you lose the draft pic from where you took them last year. I am keeping Ray Rice and losing my first pic but I'm good with that because I pic 10 out of 12. I'm torn about Kapernic and RG3. RG3 I only lose a 7th rounder and kap I lose my last pic in the draft because I pic him up in fa last year. I just don't know which to keep. Any advice.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Fantasy football question.

Quote Originally Posted by grandraven View Post
    We have a keeper league this year and the player you keep you lose the draft pic from where you took them last year. I am keeping Ray Rice and losing my first pic but I'm good with that because I pic 10 out of 12. I'm torn about Kapernic and RG3. RG3 I only lose a 7th rounder and kap I lose my last pic in the draft because I pic him up in fa last year. I just don't know which to keep. Any advice.

Definitely keep Kaepernick over RGIII.

Crabtree injury hurts a bit, but RGIII himself is a big injury risk. Kaepernick was putting up much better stats per game started than RGIII last year, and I think will blow RGIII's stats out of the water in 2013.

I am assuming a standard scoring league?

Easy. RGIII is somewhat of a question because of the injury. Kaepernick for a last round pick? That's a huge steal

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Definitely keep Kaepernick over RGIII.

Crabtree injury hurts a bit, but RGIII himself is a big injury risk. Kaepernick was putting up much better stats per game started than RGIII last year, and I think will blow RGIII's stats out of the water in 2013.

I am assuming a standard scoring league?
    Yes its standard scoring. I was leaning towards Kaep but I was torn. If I wasn't keeping Rice I would have kept both and traded one.

Easy call. You keep Kapernick. Your lost draft pick is lower, and Kaepernick will give you more points and score more touchdowns running the ball than RG3 will.

Yes its standard scoring. I was leaning towards Kaep but I was torn. If I wasn't keeping Rice I would have kept both and traded one.

To be honest, I am not sure keeping Rice at 10 is all that much of a "steal," but I would do it ahead of keeping RGIII for a 7th rounder.

To me RGIII shouldn't even go before round 7 in a standard scoring league, because QBs don't have as much drop off after the top 2-3 for one to "reach" in the early-middle rounds for a marginal benefit (above and beyond what you can get with 7+ round QBs).

And Rice, I would keep, but I suspect he goes at around pick 8-10 in most standard drafts, not top 5. Especially if people worry Pierce will steal some carries.

But Kaepernick for last round pick is definitely a steal, imo.

iggyman555 Guest

trust me rice will be there at 10, had an argument with a coworker today....EVERYONE thinks we lost all our stars....hell be there at 10!

Everyone is 100% right in regards to Kaepernick...no brainer.

While I don't think that Ray Rice will be there at #10, you could forego keeping him anyway, and still get Spiller / Forte / SJax / Ridley / Alfred Morris...I would look at the rest of your team and see if there is someone else you might be getting higher "value" from keeping.

Obviously it's your team, but my 2¢.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Everyone is 100% right in regards to Kaepernick...no brainer.

While I don't think that Ray Rice will be there at #10, you could forego keeping him anyway, and still get Spiller / Forte / SJax / Ridley / Alfred Morris...I would look at the rest of your team and see if there is someone else you might be getting higher "value" from keeping.

Obviously it's your team, but my 2¢.
    The problem is most are keeping their backs from last year.

The problem is most are keeping their backs from last year.

That's what I think you have to take into consideration.
    See what value is left. Its hard to say about keeping Rice without knowing what's left there to try and grab.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2