Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: CAMP NOTES: Tyrod Taylor, a poor man's RG III?

T-
    I don't follow all of those guys closely, but I think I read today or yesterday that the Pack just signed Young. I assume your list was for available QBs? Also, not sure I'd take Russell at all, ever.

Blog Entries

That's a sad list IMHO. I wouldn't take any of those guys unless it was for camp body reasons. But AJ Feely can drop his wife off at the house any time ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That's a sad list IMHO. I wouldn't take any of those guys unless it was for camp body reasons. But AJ Feely can drop his wife off at the house any time ;)
    Heather Mitts? Ummm... Yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

I don't know if this list is up-to-date, but here are NFL free agent QBs, many of whom I would take over Tyrod:

Byron Leftwich
    Vince Young
    Matt Leinart
    Charlie Batch
    Tyler Thigpen
    Trent Edwards
    JaMarcus Russell
    A.J. Feeley
    Troy Smith
    Luke McCown
    Chris Redman
    John Beck
    Jordan Palmer
    J.P. Losman
    Kevin O'Connell
    Then you must think TT is really bad. I think TT is better than everyone of those guys. He almost beat Cincy's first stringers with a 2nd string offense. The ONLY guy I'd consider out of that list would be Leftwich, purely because he's pretty much an extreme poor man's Flacco, and has a big arm. You wouldn't have to change much if you put him in the game if Flacco went down.

Still, I like our chances with TT, and I think we can win games with him under center. Hopefully this debate never becomes a reality though. Btw, Vince Young signed with the Packers.

All I hope is that Schiano doesn't play a punk move and get Flacco hurt.

I don't think Taylor ran much option at VT so I'm not surprised he doesn't look comfortable with it.

It does make me question his ability to read a defense if he is struggling to just read one guy in the read option.

I think the team should look into drafting another QB next year in the mid-late rounds to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

TT knows our offense.

Nobody on that FA list knows dick about our offense.

That alone makes TT the smart choice as our backup.

And as others have pointed out, if Flacco goes down the season is toast anyway. No sense waisting cap money and a roster spot on anyone else other than TT at this point.