Peter King's idea

Many on here have said the same thing, but he says "If one can argue that Pierce is good enough to take snaps away from Rice, who is arguably already one of the best offensive weapons on the team, why take either one off the field?

“Why not put them on the field at the same time in some imaginative pairing?” King asks."

The article also has the difference in Boldin and Pitta's routes from Cameron and Caldwell.

Re: Peter King's idea

With Leach back to join Rice and Peirce, i'm surprised he didn't recommend the Wishbone or the Maryland I formation. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ll#T_formation

It might be cool to see the MD I with 1 TE and 1 WR for one play this season lol.

Pretty good analysis on the difference between OC's Cameron and Caldwell.

Look at how many routes run toward the sidelines under Cameron, and then how many break toward the middle of the filed under Caldwell. Lots of shorter seam routes toward the edges of the field (Cameron) versus in-breaking routes down the middle of the field, often deep (Caldwell).
    I guess you could say that Coach Caldwells tweaks turned the Ravens offense, umm, "inside out".
    (or is it 'outside in') doh!
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 08-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

The best part of that MD I formation....Let's just say you lined up Dickson and Juice Check as TEs, Pierce and Rice as RBs, Leach as FB...

There is no reason you'd have to run it out of that formation. You could easily split ANY option wide and turn it into a passing play. THAT is how good our options are with our RBs, Juice Check, and even Leach to a lesser extent (If he was split out wide, it could work, but it'd be a bit odd). Can you imagine how a D would react to seeing that formation, loading up against run, then seeing us split out a guy wide and going "uh, do we take a guy out of the box to cover him or stay loaded up against the run?"

The worst part is...you know the next 4 games are not going to be a good indicator of what Caldwell will do with playcalling. quite honestly, we should expect to see him pull his best Cam impression the next 4 weeks in games.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I agree with you guys, all 3 can be on the field at once. Use Leach at FB, Rice at RB, and Pierce at TE. I'm sure the coaching staff has something up their sleeve concerning this personnel combination. Would like to see what they think and how they might utilize these guys. IMO a nice advantage for Baltimore to have, these talents.

Blog Entries

I would love to see some wing-t and wishbone formations.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I too would love to see some wing-T and wishbone formations, fun stuff like that.

But formations with both Rice & Pierce on the field don't interest me nearly as much, as 3-wide with Torrey, Jacoby & Deonte, plus Dickson & Rice. That'll be the Greatest Show on Sportexe Momentum Turf.

Blog Entries

With Pitta's injury and the clear lack of talent behind Smith at WR, I think it's only a matter of time until we see some interesting personnel packages involving Rice, Pierce, and Leach. They are three of your top five offensive players, it makes sense to get them out there together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I too would love to see some wing-T and wishbone formations, fun stuff like that.

But formations with both Rice & Pierce on the field don't interest me nearly as much, as 3-wide with Torrey, Jacoby & Deonte, plus Dickson & Rice. That'll be the Greatest Show on Sportexe Momentum Turf.
    Hopefully.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Many on here have said the same thing, but he says "If one can argue that Pierce is good enough to take snaps away from Rice, who is arguably already one of the best offensive weapons on the team, why take either one off the field?

“Why not put them on the field at the same time in some imaginative pairing?” King asks."

The article also has the difference in Boldin and Pitta's routes from Cameron and Caldwell.
    I was saying this last year, and Caldwell did it during the playoffs. I expect to see more of it this season.