Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: MMQB article on Cameron/Caldwell's use of inside receivers

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Especially the way Boldin plays. He usually misses a couple of games a season. Eventually he isn't coming back.
    This isn't a comment on the wisdom of the decision to trade him but this is not true.

Boldin missed 3 games in 3 years in BAL, and I'm pretty sure at least one of them was a Week 17 deal.

Blog Entries

Matt Furstenburg will be a household name by the end of the year. He will fill in for either player.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Matt Furstenburg will be a household name by the end of the year. He will fill in for either player.
    Is there a reason to keep Bajema? He didn't catch a pass last year, although I know he can block he's one dimensional. Dickson is a lock, Shiancoe is probable since he has pass catching ability. Furstenburg has more of a upside so I hope he ca beat out Bajema.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Is there a reason to keep Bajema? He didn't catch a pass last year, although I know he can block he's one dimensional. Dickson is a lock, Shiancoe is probable since he has pass catching ability. Furstenburg has more of a upside so I hope he ca beat out Bajema.
    Just a hunch but I think if Shiancoe makes the roster, Bajema won't.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Losing Boldin stinks. I really liked the guy as a person and watching him on the field. But we wouldn't have Dumerville without him, most likely.

For discussion purposes, I'm ok with that swap if it improves our defense to top 10-ish.

We got used to long bombs and aerial assaults via Flacco very quickly. We were fortunate and had an incredibly balanced offense last year. But prior to that, we were run heavy with opportune passing.

We went to the AFC CGs with less firepower...Heck' we did OK when our only two recieving options were a perpetually upside-down Todd Heap and a one-armed, 40 year old Derrick Mason.

Not ideal.

But its enough to get to the playoffs. Then hope you get hot and players step up.

Interesting squigglies.

But something we already saw. Will be interesting for sure how our offense copes.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

here were a lot of reasons why the Ravens went on to win the Super Bowl, including the fourth-and-29 screen pass to Ray Rice against the Chargers
    Maybe the article is well written but I stopped here. If you don't know the difference between a screen pass and a check down you shouldn't be writing about NFL football. This was in no way a screen pass, which is not any short pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Just a hunch but I think if Shiancoe makes the roster, Bajema won't.
    Bajema blocks, Shiancoe doesn't. Bajema stays on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe the article is well written but I stopped here. If you don't know the difference between a screen pass and a check down you shouldn't be writing about NFL football. This was in no way a screen pass, which is not any short pass.
    Agree and not just for the 4th and 29 description. It is a well written article but it doesn't actually say much that isn't obvious to the average fan. The article would have been genuinely interesting if it had gone past the basic "Ravens are in trouble without Boldin and Pitta" meme into thinking out possible solutions other than Dickson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Bajema blocks, Shiancoe doesn't. Bajema stays on the team.
    Not sure if you've kept up with camp but they've had Shiancoe blocking to see if he can take that role. Of course Dixon's setback changes things but yes, they're testing VS in the Bajema role

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Pretty good read (especially if you like squiggly lines)

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/06/the-po...its-a-big-one/

Nothing ground breaking in the area of "no Pitta and no Boldin may cause a problem", but very interesting breakdown of the difference between Cameron and Caldwell's use of the slot receiver/TE.
    Was that thread about "what if it wasn't Cam's fault" a joke?