Blog Entries

Messed up story about good behavior release

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nurse-suspe...ry?id=19852141

This woman was only convicted of murder on one child, and attempted murder of another. The two sentences she was given was allowed to be served concurrently. But because of "good behavior", she will only have spent 33 of the 99 year sentence in prison and would be released in 2018.

As a parent, reading this story literally socked me in the gut. To be holding your child, watching them struggle to breathe and having this woman SLIP INTO THE AMBULANCE to finish the job...just...aggh.

I can't imagine this woman would be allowed to practice medicine or anything again, but I certainly wouldn't feel safe if she lived in the same town as my children.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Messed up story about good behavior release

When I first moved to Texas, this law was a hot button topic because a few murderers were being released, one was convicted of killing a cop.

As you can see, we're still cleaning up the mess from this horribly misguided law. Thankfully, the right people are running the state and they did away with it but you cannot grandfather it in unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Re: Messed up story about good behavior release

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When I first moved to Texas, this law was a hot button topic because a few murderers were being released, one was convicted of killing a cop.

As you can see, we're still cleaning up the mess from this horribly misguided law. Thankfully, the right people are running the state and they did away with it but you cannot grandfather it in unfortunately.
    Seems like the only hope here is finding another victim that the woman can be convicted on. Seeing as it's been 30+ years, sounds like a long shot.

Just terrible.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!