Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: CAMP NOTES August 5: Defense stepping up, WR concerns continue

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Doss drops a couple of passes in one game...and now he has stone hands?

Ok.
    :word It seems like posters need to have at least one scapegoat to hate on.

I don't get the Doss hate. Lets see what he can do with more snaps.

As someone mentioned earlier about Torrey's preseason games two years ago everyone was ready to roast Ozzie for picking him in the draft. And since then, he's our most reliable guy at wr. And also like to add, Tucker beat out Cundiff for the kicker job and Tucker was undrafted and look at him a year later. We need to wait and see what the team has. I think its a bad idea getting a vet guy this late in FA. I'm rooting for the guys we already have to step up. I have confidence in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they haven't even had so much as a scrimmage or one preseason game yet. The front office doesn't operate that way, they won't panic and sign a 37 year old guy who's been on a half dozen teams
    It's not like the pool of potential replacement WR's is going to be all that different in two weeks. I don't understand the rush. Are we going to miss out on a repeat super bowl championship because we didn't sign Brandon Stokley before the third preseason game? :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    It's not like the pool of potential replacement WR's is going to be all that different in two weeks. I don't understand the rush. Are we going to miss out on a repeat super bowl championship because we didn't sign Brandon Stokley before the third preseason game? :grbac:
    Hmmmm...the Ravens signed Jacoby Jones on May 8, 2012. Suppose they'd waited until teams cut players. Did he help the Ravens win a Super Bowl? :grbac: is right.

OTOH, the Ravens signed Lee Evans before the start of the 2011 season. Did he help the Ravens get to a Super Bowl? Obviously, not. So ya see...sometimes timing makes a difference. A big difference. Especially when there's a limited pool to choose from. And it's getting more limited every day.

Blog Entries

It's always good to rely solely on young talent. Maybe one of them will step up like Clarence Moore, Eron Riley, Marcus Smith or the one and only Dem Williams! If not we can sign a reliable vet at the last minute who will make a big catch in an important game like Housh and Lee Evans.

But shit...We haven't even had one PS snap yet so everything is dandy! Like Lil Wayne "I ain't got no worries"!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Hmmmm...the Ravens signed Jacoby Jones on May 8, 2012. Supposed they'd waited until teams cut players. Did he help the Ravens win a Super Bowl? :grbac: is right.
    Obvious straw man argument is obvious.

Not once did I mention anything about potential FA signings before today. The point is that you are advocating: "The time is now for action!" yet the pool of FA's that could possibly be signed between "now" and later isn't going to change much.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    . And it's getting more limited every day.
    It really isn't at this point in the season. And the difference between #1 avail FA and #3 avail FA is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Fortunately we have a calm disciplined FO much to the dismay of some. Panic is applied to life threatening situations for mentally stable individuals.

Personally, I'm tired of the Ravens bringing in FA WRs that don't already have chemistry with Joe. Like the other good QBs out there, it's time to play with what we have. Knowing a WR for a couple years is underrated IMO.

Rare cases of the WR taking off (big impact) after not being on the team the year before is when they are HOF caliber (T.O/Moss).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Personally, I'm tired of the Ravens bringing in FA WRs that don't already have chemistry with Joe. Like the other good QBs out there, it's time to play with what we have. Knowing a WR for a couple years is underrated IMO.

Rare cases of the WR taking off (big impact) after not being on the team the year before is when they are HOF caliber (T.O/Moss).
    I think the team feels the same. getting a guy late in TC means he was available for a reason. outside of a trade your likely not getting something of great value. even a guy thats cut late, for one reason or another his value was less.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Another thing folks aren't taking into consideration is how the D is impacting all of this; not because of price, but strategy.

This D has the makings of being dominant. As in, possibly the best overall D we have seen in years. The offense may not have to score a ton of points for this team to win and get to the playoffs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.

KO started or got into 3 fights MOnday. He's not backing down from anyone. When
    asked about the fights HARBs said, he's just a physical kind of guy who is practicing very
    well.

KO of course missed the first couple of days in camp with an injury but is obviously fine
    now. Ravens started winning straight thru the SB when they moved him to LG and inserted Big Mac to LT and moved Oher to RT.

He reminds me of Zuess. When Ozzie brought him back there was a big fight in practice. Art
    was sitting in his golf cart but couldn't see the combatants. He said Zuess must be back.

It's great to see a great physical line and McKinnie is improving in run blocking when he
    obliterated his man so completely, no one could see who he was blocking. Rice made two
    cuts behind him and still found a whole as posted several pages back.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...e-dukes-it-out
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.