Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: CAMP NOTES August 5: Defense stepping up, WR concerns continue

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If I can find the replay I will post a link. Biscotti just did a very good job on SiriusNFL of talking about why they let some of these guys go and why they want young at WR position. He also is lobbying for 50 active on game day instead of 45.

Side note: he said all the players wanted the Pats in the playoffs last year and he was pretty worried about it, he wanted to play Houston :)
    Bisciotti was awesome! He made it pretty clear that they won't be bringing in an older veteran WR. They don't feel they need to and Joe Flacco doesn't want one. Steve said they went that route with Washington, Evans and Housh and realize that they aren't find a 50+ catch guy this time of year. He talked about finding guys like Bart Scott and Ellerbe and then mention Deonte Thompson as possibly the same type of player. They're going to go with what they have unless we see a ton more injuries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bisciotti was awesome! He made it pretty clear that they won't be bringing in an older veteran WR. They don't feel they need to and Joe Flacco doesn't want one. Steve said they went that route with Washington, Evans and Housh and realize that they aren't find a 50+ catch guy this time of year. He talked about finding guys like Bart Scott and Ellerbe and then mention Deonte Thompson as possibly the same type of player. They're going to go with what they have unless we see a ton more injuries
    It's such a luxury to have an owner who actually knows what he is talking about and let's his guys do their jobs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    It's such a luxury to have an owner who actually knows what he is talking about and let's his guys do their jobs.
    Bisciotti said he actually is doing less this year because Harbaugh has become such a great leader. Steve gets the right guys in charge and then gives them the resources they need to succeed. That's it. That's exactly what you want from an owner. We are incredibly lucky to have him

Blog Entries

Something that Pat Kirwan mentioned is that he has been in camps where the QB is in the office daily lobbying for veterans. He said Flacco embraces teaching the young guys and is fine with this approach.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Thanks for the SXM updates, fellas!

So happy to hear those words. My man crush on Bisciotti is almost limitless. We are indeed very lucky to have him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    We are indeed very lucky to have him.

Add this about J.O. HOF
    Wearing the Ravens' 2013 Super Bowl ring that Steve Bisciotti made sure each member of the Ravens' Ring of Honor received
    That group included Ray Lewis, Kyle Richardson, Larry Webster, Michael Jackson, Harry Swayne and Brad Jackson, and former coach Brian Billick.
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...en-ravens-fans

We are indeed extremely fortunate
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Joe is taking the reigns now and a lot of these veteran WRs are vocal prima donnas. I believe when Mason got in Joe's face and jawed at him on the sideline was his pink slip deferred.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Why would you doubt what they're saying?
    I don't at all, which is why I am sure that they did indeed favor Elam. However, had someone like Chance Warmack dropped, who knows?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well then forward we march.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't at all, which is why I am sure that they did indeed favor Elam. However, had someone like Chance Warmack dropped, who knows?
    Bisciotti said that both Elam and Arthur Brown were in their top 25. He made it sound like they would have gone Brown in round 1 if Elam was gone. That means that a bunch of the guys who went in round 1 weren't that high for the Ravens. Wish I knew who

I'm not gonna ding the Ravens for how they handled the draft; they hit a bigger home run than I could have really imagined, honestly. At WR, outside of DeAndre Hopkins (who was kinda tied with Elam for the guy I wanted most at #32), I would not have wanted a WR in the 1st in this draft. In the 2nd I would have considered Keenan Allen, but he wasn't higher on my board than Arthur Brown who was a top-40 caliber player, so Brown was the correct choice.

Quinton Patton or Chris Harper would have been nice, but they would have had to trade up in the 4th for one of those guys. I'm not going to ding them for missing out on those two guys, neither of whom are probably starter-caliber players as rookies. At this point, I think they'll stick with the guys they have, and my hope is that Thompson can win the #2 job, and Doss can produce as a slot receiver. I don't want Jacoby on the field outside of certain packages and I don't want Doss playing too many snaps.

Blog Entries

We got spoiled and jaded sight by a couple of successes like Mase, Qadry, (Sharpe), Boldin...
    but as others have mentioned there is Evans (4 rec), Housh (30 rec), Kelley Washington (34 rec)...

And some like Kevin Johnson who gave us 35 receptions in 2004 and Derrick Alexander 62 and 65 rec

But there were
    Frank Sanders 2003 13 games 14 receptions

Marcus Robinson 2003 31 receptions

TE L J Smith 12 games 2 receptions

Calvin Williams WR 7 games 2 receptions

Donte Stallworth 2 rec

Probably a real smart thing to sit tight and really see what we have.... there also really seems to be a change, some kind of adjustment to evaluation.
    For a while we were all puzzled why we seemed to be getting so much promise and so little delivery.

Javin Hunter, Darling, Yamon, Harper, Moore, James Roe, in the past, but now with Torrey, and to a degree LaQuan and David Reed, I don't know, maybe I'm drinking purple kool-aid, but I like the younger mix a lot more than I have felt about any group (regardless of the Matt Willis bandwagon or the Eron one or Harper or hymes.....)

I just have a different feeling about this group, and a sense that some evaluation parameter has changed by the scouts..... I'm content to sit pat and more concerned about VS, and hoping someone makes cutting Bajema a no-brainer. Not that I'm bad-mouthing Billy, I 'm just hoping we can come up with a lot better. But the WR, I really think we will have one or two emerge.

And I'm with whoever defended Marcus Smith, I really don't think Cam gave him anything to help develop what he had. And hoping that this group gets the chance without cluttering it up with an Owens attitude or a prima donna... no rent-a-catch please, lets grow what we have
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old