Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: CAMP NOTES August 5: Defense stepping up, WR concerns continue

Scally, thanks, and my apologies to Darling. I'm pretty sure Moore WAS the guy of whom I was thinking. "Alligator arms" seemed to be a term in vogue when he went across the middle.

I find it amusing how all the so called football analyst are talking about the loss of Boldin and Pitta but are not really discussing Pitt's losses from last year. Wallace and Miller lead the team in rec, yards and TDs. There is a good chance that Miller starts the season on PUP which would have him out through week 7 which is the Ravens game. They do not have a guy behind Miller nearly as good as Dickson who caught 54 passes two seasons ago. T smith had more yards and TDs last year than Antonio Brown. It was Smith's second year versus year three for Brown. Sanders is only slightly more productive as a receiver than Jones.

The big difference is the Ravens Oline and running game should be head and shoulders above the Steelers. The Ravens return a Pro-bowl guard, pro bowl potential guard and very solid tackles. Pitt has a pro bowl center and a bunch of question marks. Ravens return Rice and a very good looking RB in Pierce. Pitt is going to be relying on a rookie running back.

Why is so much attention being paid to the Ravens losses but Pitt's are being glossed over?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I find it amusing how all the so called football analyst are talking about the loss of Boldin and Pitta but are not really discussing Pitt's losses from last year. Wallace and Miller lead the team in rec, yards and TDs. There is a good chance that Miller starts the season on PUP which would have him out through week 7 which is the Ravens game. They do not have a guy behind Miller nearly as good as Dickson who caught 54 passes two seasons ago. T smith had more yards and TDs last year than Antonio Brown. It was Smith's second year versus year three for Brown. Sanders is only slightly more productive as a receiver than Jones.

The big difference is the Ravens Oline and running game should be head and shoulders above the Steelers. The Ravens return a Pro-bowl guard, pro bowl potential guard and very solid tackles. Pitt has a pro bowl center and a bunch of question marks. Ravens return Rice and a very good looking RB in Pierce. Pitt is going to be relying on a rookie running back.

Why is so much attention being paid to the Ravens losses but Pitt's are being glossed over?
    I think most analysts are down on Pitt to begin with. Most are picking either Ravens or Bengals to win the division, not Pitt.

And when you win a Super Bowl, analysts pay a lot closer attention to what you do. It just so happens we also had probably our most tumultuous offseason in a while at the same time.

Blog Entries

Pitt has a larger fan base and a large number of bandwagon fans. Bandwagoner's are usually not very knowledgeable SO - cater to your audience.

Blog Entries

In regards to the WRs "not stepping up" is it possible that it appears that way due to our defense? Some analysts are saying our defense looks like a top 5 unit again. If thats the case our WRs could be facing their toughest competition in practice rather than the regular season. More reason to wait until we face other teams before worrying.
    -JAB

Pitt has stated they want to run more which is why they got Bell. It makes sense to try to keep Ben on his feet more. But with a questionable OL against the Ravens improved defensive front, I don't expect they'll have much luck.

Blog Entries

LOL! You know why. The media has a hard on for the Steelers every year.

One reason is there are plenty of ex Steelers in the national media, where as, there are no former Ravens (yet) that are nationally televised every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Something that Pat Kirwan mentioned is that he has been in camps where the QB is in the office daily lobbying for veterans. He said Flacco embraces teaching the young guys and is fine with this approach.
    If you notice the theme with Joe this offseason from various website pictures that I've seen is that he's teaching more instead of learning at this stage. If it's getting Shiancoe up to speed or talking to Torrey about details to get them more on the same page, it's becoming his offense almost overnight.

I say, enjoy the ride fellas, I think we have a special one at QB (and I don't just mean Superbowl special)

#5 is definitely a much different cat this summer.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Early Doucet already cut after signing with Seahawks on Friday. Has lingering injury issues.

Good thing we didn't waste our time on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Early Doucet already cut after signing with Seahawks on Friday. Has lingering injury issues.

Good thing we didn't waste our time on him.
    Always thought he'd be a solid slot receiver.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.