Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark Sanchez and "The Butt Stumble"

This poor guy is really gettin' it in NY.The embattled quarterback heard his all-too-familiar theme music during the Jets' Green & White scrimmage Saturday night. The jeers followed Sanchez throwing an interception to Antonio Cromartie. Earlier in the scrimmage, the quarterback tripped over his own feet and fell on his backside. Beat writers, of course, immediately labeled it the "Butt Stumble," harkening back to the "Butt Fumble." Link
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Re: Mark Sanchex and "The Butt Stumble"

Poor guy is the least accurate way to describe Sanchez. He has now gotten 2 ridiculously high contracts for sucking.

Mark SancheZ that is. lol - How do you edit thread titles?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Poor guy is the least accurate way to describe Sanchez. He has now gotten 2 ridiculously high contracts for sucking.
    Agree. I shouldn't feel bad for a guy who is stealing money from his boss.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Mark SancheZ that is. lol - How do you edit thread titles?
    Fixed

Blog Entries

I don't think he will play for them again, unless it's due to injury. He seems to really let his emotions get to him and that is part of why he's coming apart in practice.

Once they go with Geno they have to stick with him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The funny thing is that Geno is going to suck too. Jets fans are in for a few really bad years at least.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I don't really follow Sanchez and his career, but for those of you who recall the great QB debates back on Sunspot (much around the drafting and career of Boller), I have to chuckle at the posters who would suggest that all the Ravens had to do was pick a 1st round, surefire, can't miss draftee, and the team's issues on offense would be solved.

It's EASY, Oz! Come on! All ya gotta do is grab the flavor of the year guy in the 1st round! It's EASY!

Blog Entries

Re: Mark Sanchez and "The Butt Stumble"

When you draft a 1st rounder, don't get an underclass man. That's a lesson learned. There are exceptions like Stafford but overall you want a senior IMO.

Of course there are also plenty of examples like Henne who played all four years in a pro style offense and still struggles as a pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    I don't really follow Sanchez and his career, but for those of you who recall the great QB debates back on Sunspot (much around the drafting and career of Boller), I have to chuckle at the posters who would suggest that all the Ravens had to do was pick a 1st round, surefire, can't miss draftee, and the team's issues on offense would be solved.

It's EASY, Oz! Come on! All ya gotta do is grab the flavor of the year guy in the 1st round! It's EASY!
    I would say they did score on a 1st round pick in one Joe Flacco, but your point is well taken. There are very few "sure fire", "can't miss" franchise QB's. You have to have some luck on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When you draft a 1st rounder, don't get an underclass man.
    Bill Parcells used to be well known for his own rules when drafting a QB

The quarterback must be a senior. . .because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback

He must be a graduate. . .because you want somebody that takes their responsibilities seriously.

He must be a three-year starter. . .because you want to make sure his success wasn't a fluke and to know that he has been "the guy" for a significant period of time.

He must have 23 wins. . .because big numbers don't mean a whole lot if you don't win.
    Some recent successful examples who fit these rules are Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick.

A recent successful example who did not fit the rules is Cam Newton.

I'm meandering here, the rules may help a franchise but you can also miss good draftees too. There are exceptions as you say

As much as I laugh at Mark Sanchez (and for that matter most aspects of the Great Ryan Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus), I can't deny he's made several lifetimes worth of $$$ already at a very young age, largely because NY's front office ineptitude has rivaled his own.