Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Re: Ravens Vs. Eagles Gamethread!

It's not about that Ravenatic. It's just nice to see him look like he's actually learned something this week over last. Staying in the pocket most of the time (although he's still having checkdown trouble), and actually sidestepping pressure this week. Leading his receivers instead of making them turn around or stop.

But now that the euphoria of the touchdown is over, I will maintain what I said in the QB Debate thread. Happy for him.....show me you can do it again. Do it against Minnesota. Do it against Washington. Then I'll feel better about his progression.

the radio crew isn't much better either. I'll give them a pass since they're newbies.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Whew, Ronnie Prude again with the coverage and gets his hands on a ball in the endzone. How did this kid not get drafted?

There is going to be some painful cuts this year.

I can tell you a few offensive lineman that it won't be painful to cut. OUCH.

Nice hard count by St. Pierre!!

will flyn be one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587
    will flyn be one of them?
    We can only hope. Brown did have a bad snap though.

We can't laugh about Cleveland's center situation right about now. I was praising him until he started stepping all over McNair's feet.

SACK! Who is Ryan LaCasse?

a 30-30-30 guy

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    SACK! Who is Ryan LaCasse?
    Ryan LaCasse was our 7th round draft pick. He might have a good chance of making the practice squad at best, but I wouldn't expect him to make the final roster.

Welp. 1-1 in the preseason. Lots to still be happy about.

- McNair still looks good. Hey, you can't score on every drive. But 14 play drives make me happy! Points are points!

- Has Kyle Boller finally started to learn something? Is Steve McNair actually talking to him, helping him, showing him how to lead a receiver? 4/7 for 115 yards and a TD is an impressive showing for him.

- I love our receiving core. Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton are simply going to be difference makers on our offense. And where did DVD come from?? I had him bagging groceries this year alongside Clarence Moore. Way to play yourself back on the team dude.

- Go ahead, TRY to stop our running game. What, Jamal too much for you? Fine, here's MUSA SMITH!

Still some question marks:

- Ok, Boller looked impressive. Flash in the pan, or maybe some signs of progression? I'm not getting excited until I see this the rest of preseason. For all we know in Minnesota we could be back to hyper-Boller.

- Mike Flynn has to go. How many QB's feet is he going to step on before we finally find a replacement? I swear he was even going to step on McNabb's foot before the night was through!!!

- The rest of the OL was doing fine until they remembered that they aren't any good. And our second team offensive line flat out sucked ass! 7 sacks total tonight on our first 2 QB's, and they were getting banged around all night long!

- One deep ball the whole evening?

Thanks for those who jumped in and didn't make me feel like the only guy here tonight. Hopefully we can grow this forum for next week's game.