The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Football is football everywhere....isn't it?

Buddy of mine has been involved with the USSF at a very high level over the years, yet we're both American football fans. He sent the following to me, and I thought guys like Tottenham, Irish Raven and a bunch more would get a chuckle!

link

I was hoping the Ravens would get a mention due to the recent Super Bowl win, but alas and alack, only "America's team"...;)

Blog Entries

Re: Football is football everywhere....isn't it?

Wayull hayull, Coach Lasso wuz "born & razed ;) in Texas" (& what a great name for a Texan to have!) so he gets a pass from "The Great Lobachevsky."

It does put me in mind of one of John Riggins's immortal outbursts from his days trampling defenders for the Washington Ethnic Slurs:

If they're America's team, what does that make us? Russia's team??

(well, cripesake, Riggo, youse guys did wear red...even if it was closer to bloodclot than to Bolshevik...)

lob-
    I saw the "wanker" nickname coming a mile away, and I still sat here and laughed out loud!

Riggo was a character, no doubt. I recall him being at some bigwig formal dinner, seated near or next to Sandra Day O-Connor (or whoever was the female Supreme Court justice at the time) and trying to get into her pants while eating dinner!!!!

(BTW, was your bloodclot reference on purpose, mon? ;))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    lob-
    I saw the "wanker" nickname coming a mile away, and I still sat here and laughed out loud!
    I actually didn't watch much of the clip--maybe I should go back when I have time, which I don't right now.
    I recall him being at some bigwig formal dinner, seated near or next to Sandra Day O-Connor (or whoever was the female Supreme Court justice at the time) and trying to get into her pants while eating dinner!!!!
    I recall that dimly...probably about as dimly as Riggo himself...:D
    (BTW, was your bloodclot reference on purpose, mon? ;))
    Probably not, since I have no idea what you're referring to. If I inadvertently offended, je le regrette beaucoup. I settled on "bloodclot" mainly to get an alliterative boost from "Bolshevik"

I have frequently referred to the Danny Snyders as the DriedBlood&Urine but I thought it might be a bit pithier (if you thee what I'm thaying) to revise that to Bloodclot&Piss (parallelling the team that plays by the Three Sewers which is of course the Tar&Piss).

RE: bloodclot -- evryting irie, mon! ;) (When I was officiating the leagues down near/in DC, there were a lot of Jamaican teams and players from the islands. Heard a lot of stuff I had to ask about to make sure my end-of-game demise was not imminent! )

Definitely when you have the time, watch the full Lasso clip, it's pretty funny.

As to Riggins high societal adventures, here's a link I found that takes a backwards look at the event. It's almost as funny as the Coach Lasso clip! ;)

I like the tackle at 1:10

You can have ties and there are no playoffs, these football coaches have it easy! :)