Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Asa Jackson Suspended 8 games for violating PED Policy

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    All the facts can't come in because the teams and the NFL aren't allowed to comment. The closest you are going to get is what Harbaugh said and he made it clear that in his opinion the suspension was justified.
    Can't suspensions be appealed? As I already stated, that's the line in the sand for me. If he doesn't appeal, then it would seem to indicate he doesn't have solid grounds to appeal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Can't suspensions be appealed? As I already stated, that's the line in the sand for me. If he doesn't appeal, then it would seem to indicate he doesn't have solid grounds to appeal.
    It can be appealed. Most seem to try but the only I guy I've ever heard of winning a PED appeal was Richard Sherman of the Seahawks. Jackson is going to have a difficult time staying in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It can be appealed. Most seem to try but the only I guy I've ever heard of winning a PED appeal was Richard Sherman of the Seahawks. Jackson is going to have a difficult time staying in the NFL.
    No doubt about that. ;)

(Especially since his claim that it was on the Ravens doctor is going to backfire if/when it turns out to be totally bogus. It will make him look like a total whiner and by trying to make the organization look bad by trying to blame the doctor, there are going to be repercussions. Serious repercussions.)

I'm actually surprised Florio hasn't jumped all over this. He usually loves to get right in the middle of lawyer-ish situations.

since the league says nothing publicly about the reason for a suspension imposed under the NFL policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances, the player who is suspended can say whatever he wants — and the league never will correct the record.
    You're only ever going to hear the players side in this.

Giants safety
    Tyler Sash
    blames his four-game suspension
    on Adderall
    . Previously, Packers defensive end
    Mike Nealdid the same thing
    . Both claim they were using it with a prescription.If they’re telling the truth (and we’re not saying they aren’t), why didn’t the NFL reduce or eliminate their suspensions?Giants running back Andre Brown was using Adderall with a prescription but without advance approval from the league. He tested positive, he appealed, andhis suspension was lifted. Ditto for Texans punter Brett Hartmann, whose four-game suspension was cut to three — and who now has approval to take Adderall.

If a drug was needed for an medical emergency is one thing. The fact is he needed to get approval first. He was already in the league intervention program, he can't claim ignorance. The league had lifted a suspension before and others times did not. One thing is certain whatever the outcome, you won't know the details.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/is-adderall-becoming-the-new-excuse-for-steroids-users/

Blog Entries

Sounds like Asa had a pretty damn good outing last night. Does that change things and move the team to keep him? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe his suspension will be lowered.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Sounds like Asa had a pretty damn good outing last night. Does that change things and move the team to keep him? I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe his suspension will be lowered.

He did have a nice game last night, though against scrubs. But since the team doesn't have to make a decision on him until after the 8th game there's no ned to cut him, unless we need his money to sign someone else. It might be we keep Asa around and see if injuries happen to the CB position early in the season and if they do then we keep him when he comes off suspension and if no injuries happen then we cut him in week nine.

For Thompson it may be the same thing but with the safety position and week five instead of week nine.

If he was going to appeal it would have had to be done within 5 days of the suspension. I do agree, he looked pretty good.

The team doesn't have to make a decision until after his suspension is over after week 8. He doesn't count towards the 53 until then.

I think they keep him at that point provided he does what the team tells him to do during his sabbatical. We are likely to have injuries by that point that will make having a fresh guy who knows your system and can play very attractive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    The league doesn't officially announce suspensions until after the appeals process has been completed. Obviously, word often leaks out before appeal has taken place (see Miller, Von).

Not sure which of those cases this one actually is, but given his comments and those of Harbaugh, I would guess that he's either already had his appeal or didn't appeal in the 1st place.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    He did have a nice game last night, though against scrubs.
    Although he did well against the scrubs last night, I was really impressed with his techniques. He has a better instinct than Chykie Brown and Jimmy Smith. Because of that instinct, he was able to play to the ball. I hope we keep him and monitor his development.

He'll be kept. The CB depth chart to start the season will likely be Webb-Graham-Smith-Brown-Anthony, and if they carry 6 Moe Lee has probably earned the 6th spot. Chris Johnson is as good as gone, I don't know if he even played a defensive snap last night. When Jackson comes off suspension they'll "find" an injury to slide somebody to IR or just waive Anthony or Moe Lee to get them onto the PS. Dealing with the situation shouldn't be a problem.

The only issue is that obviously if he gets popped again he'll face a year suspension and that will likely end his career permanently. But again, that can be dealt with if/when it happens. Hopefully he'll figure this nonsense out and get on the straight and narrow, because I saw a lot to like from him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    The league doesn't officially announce suspensions until after the appeals process has been completed. Obviously, word often leaks out before appeal has taken place (see Miller, Von).

Not sure which of those cases this one actually is, but given his comments and those of Harbaugh, I would guess that he's either already had his appeal or didn't appeal in the 1st place.
    Based on his earlier statement that he was going to take responsibility for his actions, I don't think he appealed.