Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Asa Jackson Suspended 8 games for violating PED Policy

What the fuck was that explanation?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Never met anyone caught with a dirty drug test not go into immediate denial. They ruin a career, some just short of a pension.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah I didn't even remotely get what he was talking about. Then again, he does have "ADD" so...

Interesting to hear that "our team dr quit"...is Dr Curl not coming back next year?

Team doctor is a fairly important position, albeit off the field.

Blog Entries

Adderall, by the sound of it. I had to take it for a month to help with post concussion syndrome. Wired the hell out of me, was focused as a laser, it did speed up my metabolism, but after 3 weeks, the side effects were too much and I quit. I mean everyone's body chemistry is different, I am no NFL player, and a doctor quitting is about as LAME an excuse as I have ever heard.

2nd offense no less? Later Asa.

Damn, that's a half-season suspension. Have to believe it hurts Jackson's chances of remaining a Raven beyond this month, while improving the chances of, say, a Marc Anthony. I'd bet that the young bubble CB's like Anthony are licking their chops at the opportunity.

This will be a good thing if Moe Lee impresses in the preseason games like he has in camp. The decision of where they'll find space for him becomes much easier, and they won't have to risk putting him on the practice squad -just cut Asa

Bu-bye Asa.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Damn, that's a half-season suspension. Have to believe it hurts Jackson's....
    ...wallet. That's a half-year's pay, or probably over $200,000.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I find it funny (not ha-ha, more curious) that guys in the NFL, with so much $$$ at stake in their careers, can be so simple-minded when it comes to these kinds of things. Even a knucklehead understands that the league has bans on taking certain stuff, or having it in your body/blood/etc. If I were in Jackson's situation and had nothing to hide, I would have made full disclosure with my agent, team doctor, head coach, position coach, etc. Perhaps that goes down as a potential ding on my chances of making the team, but as far as I can tell, the NFL has been quite diligent in attacking PED use, so it's unlikely that a player is going to beat the system over the long haul.

And Excel, I agree, Jackson sounds like Belushi making excuses to his "fiancee" (Carrie Fisher) in The Blues Brothers when she catches up with him in the tunnel when Jake and Elwood are running out on the concert! ;)

Bottom line is this dude has a ten-cent head, isn't there for his team and should be cut.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Dumb fuck. I liked him but it's time to cut him if he's that fucking stupid. Team doc quit...what was his excuse last year?