Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

A couple of Wicked points from tonight's game...

Furstenburg deserves a spot on the team.

I have defended Doss quite a bit, but he just isn't a play maker. Mellette has made more plays in two pre season games than Doss has in 3 years. I am still holding out some hope that Doss can get it together, but I just see a depth player at this point.

Shiancoe blows. I would have loved to see some Dallas Clark action.

One guy I was really impressed with was Ricky Wagner. Considering many pegged him as a RT or G only in the NFL, he has been consistent at LT. Maybe the Ravens don't need to move up the boards next year for a LT draft pick?

Another guy I though rebounded well from last week was John Simon. Last week he looked lost, but to itchy he showed some nice pass rushing moves, good closing speed and he set the edge well. He needs to work on shedding blockers quicker though, but all in all it was much better than against Tampa.

I don't like McPhee at OLB.

Elam And Brown are going to be very good.

Daryl Smith is making a case for one of the rope MLBs in the league. Wow was he good tonight.

AQ Shipley is NOT a starter. Gino please.

Hamilton didn't look very good tonight. They ran at him a lot.

Asa Jackson might actually be the team's 3rd best corner assuming Webb is healthy (Webb, Graham, Asa). That guy plays tough and he's fast and physical. Reminds me of Cortland Finnegan.

Overall, the offense just looked out of sync. Not sure why, but no one other than Joe and Torrey seemed to be on the same page. I think this offense could be scary good, but we may not realize how good until week 8 or 9. It might take a while.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 08-16-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Forgot Asa Jackson
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: A couple of Wicked points from tonight's game...

I completely agree with everything...especially Wagner. He looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Wagner could be a pleasant surprise. If he ends up being a good LT, we'll be set.

Great to hear about Wagner and Simon. Sounds like coaches have ruined McPhee (?)

Blog Entries

One thing I did not expect to say...

Asa Jackson will MAKE this team on Week 9. He needed to be a preseason All-Star, and he has. Plays VERY tough on D, and that KR reminded us that he can be a very good ST'er

Someone will get IR'd in the first 8 weeks, clearing his spot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Doss, Schiancoe and Smith comments I agree with, haven't seen enough of the game on the others
    Also we have to keep in mind that these are meaningless exhibition games and the coaches use them for various reasons.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

For all the crap we want to heap on Doss, I want to heap more on Jacoby. He's having the targets, and not doing anything with them. Plus, he's been the target on both the INTs from Joe, so gets at least some of the blame on those.

Plus, Jacoby is more expensive.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    For all the crap we want to heap on Doss, I want to heap more on Jacoby. He's having the targets, and not doing anything with them. Plus, he's been the target on both the INTs from Joe, so gets at least some of the blame on those.

Yup I agree he needs to step uo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with pretty much all above.

We just need time. Hopefully, not too long though.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

agree 100%

i would only add that i think sometimes what the coaches are doing is often different than what we want to see. i see a lot of talent on this team, and i trust the staff to make the right decisions.

also...i am officially on the the furst and mellette bandwagon.
    Last edited by wvraven; 08-15-2013 at 11:09 PM.

I own a JJ SB XLVII jersey, which I'll wear to games regardless, but based on the 2 games so far, JJ should be waived and Mellette should be starting WR opposite Torrey.

The interception tonight was just a bad decision to throw it, combined with bad luck/bounce, combined with Jones not being able to make a catch that no one in their right mind should expect him to make (based on a realistic view of his skillset and past history). Jacoby is not a "double-covered, in tight spaces, jam a rocket throw down and away and expect him to catch it" wide receiver. That is Boldin/Pitta not Jones. The pick last week where he didn't come back to the ball was 98.9% his fault (and was his 'type' of route/play), not tonight's pick, imo.

Not sure if Stokley is still getting into game shape or whether our offense is a bit different than his old Cadwell offense and he needs time, but he is the one that should be targeted on plays where we bunch receivers and clear people out for short conversions. Or maybe Clark when he gets up to speed.