Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Just made a bet with a Dolphins fan

I've been eating well the past five years because a delusional Skin fan bet me every year that the Skins were going to go farther than the Ravens. *sigh* getting tired of steak :D
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 08-03-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Right now every team is tied with the possibility to win it all, so it's not a bad bet. All the dolphins have to do is make the playoffs. If the Patriots do poorly the AFCE is up for grabs. The Dolphins have as good a shot as the Jets or Bills, maybe even better, IF the Patriots fall flat on their face. Not a horrible bet, he didn't say they'd win the Super Bowl right?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I just reread the OP, he's screwed.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I've been easting well the past five years because a delusional Skin fan bet me every year that the Skins were going to go farther than the Ravens. *sigh* getting tired of steak :D
    Skins fans are pretty much delusional by definition. Must be something about DC that makes one immune to acknowledging facts. Washington benefits almost every year from a cupcake schedule due to their failing to finish 1st in their division for so many years. But now that they have managed to eke out a division title, this year they'll get to play the likes of Atlanta, Green Bay, and San Fran. Oh, and the Broncos in Denver (during October, before Peyton's noodle arm freezes, but after Von Miller is back from suspension). Even if RGIII comes back 100% healthy, it's gonna be a tougher road than they're accustomed to.

So get ready to enjoy another steak this year.

As to Miami, I fully agree that the FA shopping spree approach is NOT the way to go in the NFL. Still, if ever there were a year to knock the Patriots off their perch, this would be it. If Miami's new faces can gel, they have a decent chance of winning the AFC East. But reaching the AFCCG? Unlikely.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 08-03-2013 at 08:33 AM.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Here's their 2013 schedule -
    @Cleve
    @Indy
    Atl
    @NO (MNF)
    Ravens
    Bye
    Buf
    @NE
    Cincy (Thurs. nite)
    @TB (MNF, after 10/11 day break)
    SD
    Car
    @NYJ
    @Pitt
    NE
    @Buff
    NYJ

No seer here, but I guess it's possible for the Fins to win their division, but the overall schedule looks a bit daunting, and I kinda doubt they nab a WC slot. Do they even get to the playoffs?

Looking at that schedule, they easily could be 1-3 in the first 4 games. They are going to lose to the Ravens to start the second quarter of the season get a bye, maybe win against Buffalo then lose to New England. Then they have to play Cinci on a short week, but it's at home. So I give them 3-5 at the half way mark. Good luck the rest of the way.

There's always a half dozen or so teams that go from the cellar to the playoffs every year.

I think the Dolphins are poised to make that move.

Though, I still think your bet is a safe one.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's always a half dozen or so teams that go from the cellar to the playoffs every year.
    Huh?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    No seer here, but I guess it's possible for the Fins to win their division, but the overall schedule looks a bit daunting, and I kinda doubt they nab a WC slot. Do they even get to the playoffs?
    Agree their schedule is not easy, but if anything that of the Pats will be harder. They key for the 'Phins will be how well they do against their own divisional opponents: a somewhat weakened Pats squad, the always doubtful Bills, and the Rex Ryan Sideshow Jesters. I think they have a chance to win the AFC East if the new faces gel and Mike Wallace gets his mind on football instead of contract issues.

But again, I doubt any team from that division makes the AFCCG this year.

Maybe a half a half dozen, but not 6 teams.

They weren't in the cellar. They finished 2nd in that division. IMO the panthers and the eagles have the best chance of going worst to first this year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That the Dolphins would make it to the AFC Champoinship game...

So he started talking about how good they were going to be etc. His mouth got the better of him and made that bet. When talking about how the other teams have fallen off we got to the Ravens and he basically parroted everyhting everyone else was saying "lost everybody, blah, blah, blah".

Funny thing was after he realized he would lose the bet, he wouldn't make a bet on who's team would finish with a better record..
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    $100.00 usd :D
    Man, I wish I had dumber friends.

Side note i do expect them to be better but noway do i expect them anywhere near the afcc. Im thinking lucky to be in the playoffs.
    -JAB