Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    795

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?



    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    My sports bucket list is to see the Ravens play in every NFL stadium. I've been to 8 (1/4) so far: M&T, Skins, Panthers, Titans, Tampa Bay (Super Bowl XXXV), Jaguars, Texans and Saints (Super Bowl XLVII). Of course, Philly, 49ers and Oakland are DEAD LAST on that list. The Ravens @ Green Bay are at the top. Green Bay is the NFL Holy Land.

    When that new 49er stadium opens, that looks like it might be worth going to. That place looks nice.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,805

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You obviously don't play golf.

    It's WAY more involved than that. The conversations amongst the golfers is worth the experience alone. The betting, the trash talking, the back and forth with the crowd is some of the funniest and sometimes shocking things I've ever heard.
    You're right, I don't play. Like I said, it's not an indictment on those who like that sort of thing, but it just doesn't even stir any interest in me at all. Of course, I find both bowling and auto racing boring, too, but a lot of people like those kind of things.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,535

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    You're right, I don't play. Like I said, it's not an indictment on those who like that sort of thing, but it just doesn't even stir any interest in me at all. Of course, I find both bowling and auto racing boring, too, but a lot of people like those kind of things.
    Agree with you on bowling.

    I'd rather drill holes in my eyes than watch bowling.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,805

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agree with you on bowling.

    I'd rather drill holes in my eyes than watch bowling.
    Just make the holes big enough so a thumb and two fingers will fit and you're set.




  5. #20

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agree with you on bowling.

    I'd rather drill holes in my eyes than watch bowling.
    No, you drill holes in the ball.




















    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    1. Next time the Ravens are in the Super Bowl. I swore I would go to the next one after SB XXXV but then the reality of wife, kids, mortgage, etc, kept me in Maryland in February.
    2. O's in WS - dare to dream that it could happen this year.
    3. See a game at Wrigley Field, preferably next time the O's travel there
    4. Ravens @ Packers in '17
    5. Daytona 500
    6. Take in an O's game at Fenway one of these years. Wouldn't mind to check out Rogers Centre in Toronto, either. Pass on NY and TB.
    7. Wouldn't mind catching a Dodgers game if I'm in LA for work. Can you tell I dig old, historic baseball stadiums? Wouldn't mind doing PNC in Pittsburgh either as it's one of the nicest of the newer parks from what I hear.
    8. Other Nascar tracks I'd like to watch a race at (Richmond, Talladega, Darlington, Martinsville, Bristol, Charlotte)
    9. Ravens @ Arrowhead versus the Chiefs. It's up there with GB as far as gametime experience from what I hear.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    9. Ravens @ Arrowhead versus the Chiefs. It's up there with GB as far as gametime experience from what I hear.
    Eh. I was there for the 2010 Wild Card game and was expecting the loudest venue in the NFL, as they like to claim. For the first time KC hosted a playoff game in many years, I think it was lame. And it wasn't as if the Ravens took them out of the game early.

    I was also expecting courteous Midwest folk. Far from it. lots of trash talk in the parking lot, And in the 4th quarter, when the outcome was decided, a seat back whizzed by my ear. Time to make our way behind the visitor's bench for the celebration!

    What I will give them is their tailgating. It was awesome. I'm a BBQ fan and the lots were a sight to behold. Hogs roasting on spits, huge grills with every meat imaginable. I'd go back for that alone.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    My sports bucket list is to see the Ravens play in every NFL stadium. I've been to 8 (1/4) so far: M&T, Skins, Panthers, Titans, Tampa Bay (Super Bowl XXXV), Jaguars, Texans and Saints (Super Bowl XLVII). Of course, Philly, 49ers and Oakland are DEAD LAST on that list. The Ravens @ Green Bay are at the top. Green Bay is the NFL Holy Land.
    Been to M&T, Miami, Pittsburgh, JAX, KC, Arizona (Sun Devil), New England, Indy (RCA dome), Denver, New Orleans (XLVII).

    I'd like to go to Green Bay, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Buffalo. My only "no way" is Cleveland.

    I'm going back to New Orleans in 2014 for sure. That town is a blast.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Eh. I was there for the 2010 Wild Card game and was expecting the loudest venue in the NFL, as they like to claim. For the first time KC hosted a playoff game in many years, I think it was lame. And it wasn't as if the Ravens took them out of the game early.

    I was also expecting courteous Midwest folk. Far from it. lots of trash talk in the parking lot, And in the 4th quarter, when the outcome was decided, a seat back whizzed by my ear. Time to make our way behind the visitor's bench for the celebration!

    What I will give them is their tailgating. It was awesome. I'm a BBQ fan and the lots were a sight to behold. Hogs roasting on spits, huge grills with every meat imaginable. I'd go back for that alone.
    Yeah the pre-game tailgates were what I'd heard about. As for the rest of your post...all I can say is, a SEAT BACK?!?!?!? Holy shit, that's crazy!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  10. #25

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Been to M&T, Miami, Pittsburgh, JAX, KC, Arizona (Sun Devil), New England, Indy (RCA dome), Denver, New Orleans (XLVII).

    I'd like to go to Green Bay, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Buffalo. My only "no way" is Cleveland.

    I'm going back to New Orleans in 2014 for sure. That town is a blast.
    I've been to Pitt, NE, NY, Clev, Phil, Atl, Cincy, Wash., Tenn. and SD.

    The Tenn. fans were by far the nicest. Clev. wasn't bad but you really have to just watch the team and don't antagonize the Cleveland faithful. They are a really bitter bunch.

    I hated the Atl fans with a passion. Arrogant and knew nothing about the game. Made for a confrontational experience.

    Loved my experience in SD just because its SD. I would love to live there but then I'd have to make like $200K just to live decently.




  11. #26

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    I have been very fortunate. Saw the last AFC championship game played in Baltimore, at least 1 World Series game every time the Orioles were in the mix, including the first World Series game in Baltimore in 1966. My wife talked me into going to the Super Bowl last year, in spite of the cost. Played at Pebble Beach in 2000 the week after they played the US Open there.

    Saw away NFL games in SF, NY, Philly, Nashville, Charlotte, Indy, DC, and Houston. Will go to Buffalo and Chicago this year.

    Seen the Daytona 500--something I recommend highly.

    My bucket list is fairly short:

    1) See the Ravens when they eventually play in Europe.
    2) A golfing vacation in Ireland (Ballybunion, Lahinch, Doonbeg, Old Head of Kinsale)
    3) See the Ravens in GB and Dallas.

    Of course another Super Bowl trip involving the Ravens would be great.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,535

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Forgot one of the more obvious ones.

    Seeing Ray get enshrined in the Hall of Fame five years from now.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  13. #28

    Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Been to M&T, Miami, Pittsburgh, JAX, KC, Arizona (Sun Devil), New England, Indy (RCA dome), Denver, New Orleans (XLVII).

    I'd like to go to Green Bay, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Buffalo. My only "no way" is Cleveland.
    After making road trips this season to Chicago and Detroit, I will have visited all 31 NFL stadiums except Dallas (just drove around the stadium last year), Cleveland, and GB. I share your feelings about Cleveland, and I'm not planning on fighting the brutal cold of Wisconsin. Therefore Dallas would be the remaining "bucket" place; however, if I never get on the inside of Jerry's palace, I'm not going to miss it.





    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I'm going back to New Orleans in 2014 for sure. That town is a blast.
    Agree in spades. I'm a little biased, having been a Saints fan when we lived there and we still play in/around the Big Easy frequently. Biased or not, N'Awlins is, by far, the best NFL city for road trips.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland