Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    To each his own.

I know a lot of people like it, but I can think of very few things more boring than standing along a fairway or green for hours to watch guys hit a ball with a stick, even if there is a green jacket waiting for one of them at the end.
    You obviously don't play golf.

It's WAY more involved than that. The conversations amongst the golfers is worth the experience alone. The betting, the trash talking, the back and forth with the crowd is some of the funniest and sometimes shocking things I've ever heard.

My sports bucket list is to see the Ravens play in every NFL stadium. I've been to 8 (1/4) so far: M&T, Skins, Panthers, Titans, Tampa Bay (Super Bowl XXXV), Jaguars, Texans and Saints (Super Bowl XLVII). Of course, Philly, 49ers and Oakland are DEAD LAST on that list. The Ravens @ Green Bay are at the top. Green Bay is the NFL Holy Land.

To each his own.

I know a lot of people like it, but I can think of very few things more boring than standing along a fairway or green for hours to watch guys hit a ball with a stick, even if there is a green jacket waiting for one of them at the end.
    One of the most fun times I had a sporting event was at the TPC at Sawgrass. We put ourselves so we could see the 15th green and also 16 (the island green) and watched the everybody come through. Listenning to the conversations is great and close up you realize just how great those guys are.

There are also a decent amount of good looking female golf fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    My sports bucket list is to see the Ravens play in every NFL stadium. I've been to 8 (1/4) so far: M&T, Skins, Panthers, Titans, Tampa Bay (Super Bowl XXXV), Jaguars, Texans and Saints (Super Bowl XLVII). Of course, Philly, 49ers and Oakland are DEAD LAST on that list. The Ravens @ Green Bay are at the top. Green Bay is the NFL Holy Land.

When that new 49er stadium opens, that looks like it might be worth going to. That place looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You obviously don't play golf.

It's WAY more involved than that. The conversations amongst the golfers is worth the experience alone. The betting, the trash talking, the back and forth with the crowd is some of the funniest and sometimes shocking things I've ever heard.
    You're right, I don't play. Like I said, it's not an indictment on those who like that sort of thing, but it just doesn't even stir any interest in me at all. Of course, I find both bowling and auto racing boring, too, but a lot of people like those kind of things.

You're right, I don't play. Like I said, it's not an indictment on those who like that sort of thing, but it just doesn't even stir any interest in me at all. Of course, I find both bowling and auto racing boring, too, but a lot of people like those kind of things.
    Agree with you on bowling.

I'd rather drill holes in my eyes than watch bowling.

Just make the holes big enough so a thumb and two fingers will fit and you're set.

No, you drill holes in the ball. :grbac:

:D
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

1. Next time the Ravens are in the Super Bowl. I swore I would go to the next one after SB XXXV but then the reality of wife, kids, mortgage, etc, kept me in Maryland in February.
    2. O's in WS - dare to dream that it could happen this year.
    3. See a game at Wrigley Field, preferably next time the O's travel there
    4. Ravens @ Packers in '17
    5. Daytona 500
    6. Take in an O's game at Fenway one of these years. Wouldn't mind to check out Rogers Centre in Toronto, either. Pass on NY and TB.
    7. Wouldn't mind catching a Dodgers game if I'm in LA for work. Can you tell I dig old, historic baseball stadiums? Wouldn't mind doing PNC in Pittsburgh either as it's one of the nicest of the newer parks from what I hear.
    8. Other Nascar tracks I'd like to watch a race at (Richmond, Talladega, Darlington, Martinsville, Bristol, Charlotte)
    9. Ravens @ Arrowhead versus the Chiefs. It's up there with GB as far as gametime experience from what I hear.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    9. Ravens @ Arrowhead versus the Chiefs. It's up there with GB as far as gametime experience from what I hear.
    Eh. I was there for the 2010 Wild Card game and was expecting the loudest venue in the NFL, as they like to claim. For the first time KC hosted a playoff game in many years, I think it was lame. And it wasn't as if the Ravens took them out of the game early.

I was also expecting courteous Midwest folk. Far from it. lots of trash talk in the parking lot, And in the 4th quarter, when the outcome was decided, a seat back whizzed by my ear. Time to make our way behind the visitor's bench for the celebration!

What I will give them is their tailgating. It was awesome. I'm a BBQ fan and the lots were a sight to behold. Hogs roasting on spits, huge grills with every meat imaginable. I'd go back for that alone.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Been to M&T, Miami, Pittsburgh, JAX, KC, Arizona (Sun Devil), New England, Indy (RCA dome), Denver, New Orleans (XLVII).

I'd like to go to Green Bay, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Buffalo. My only "no way" is Cleveland.

I'm going back to New Orleans in 2014 for sure. That town is a blast.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Eh. I was there for the 2010 Wild Card game and was expecting the loudest venue in the NFL, as they like to claim. For the first time KC hosted a playoff game in many years, I think it was lame. And it wasn't as if the Ravens took them out of the game early.

I was also expecting courteous Midwest folk. Far from it. lots of trash talk in the parking lot, And in the 4th quarter, when the outcome was decided, a seat back whizzed by my ear. Time to make our way behind the visitor's bench for the celebration!

What I will give them is their tailgating. It was awesome. I'm a BBQ fan and the lots were a sight to behold. Hogs roasting on spits, huge grills with every meat imaginable. I'd go back for that alone.
    Yeah the pre-game tailgates were what I'd heard about. As for the rest of your post...all I can say is, a SEAT BACK?!?!?!? Holy shit, that's crazy!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...