Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whats your sports bucket list?

For live sporting events? Mine is as follows and in not particular order of want and desire.

1. World Cup Final
    2. AFC Championship Game (in Baltimore)
    3. Duke vs. UNC Basketball (at Cameron Indoor) And I'm no Duke Fan.
    4. Tottenham vs. Arsenal (At White Hart Lane or whatever the new stadium will be called)
    5. Barcelona vs. Real Madrid (At Camp Nou)
    6. Ravens vs. Packers (Lambeau Field) Regular Season or Playoffs, no preference.
    7. Game 7 World Series (at Camden Yards)

I try to keep my list reasonable, otherwise it would be much longer. Many of these events will just be a matter of time until it happens. Number 3 is likely gonna happen this season as I will be in Durham for the next year. As long as I'm not priced out of a ticket I will be going. Number 2 will happen when it happens (cue the laughing). No amount of money would keep me from attending. Number 6 will happen next time Baltimore travels out that way. A trip to Europe is in the not too distant future, so maybe one or both of numbers 4 and 5 can be knocked off the list. Its a shame, I lived about an hour from London for about 7 years as a child and never got a chance to take number 4 off the list. The one I see taking the longest to actually happen would be either number 1 or 7. I'm holding out hope that the US will host the World Cup at some point in the next 30 years. As far as number 7, its not that I don't think the O's can make it to the World Series in the near future, but getting a game 7 at home is asking for alot of things to fall in place.

I'm interested to hear others lists and how many have been taken off that list. Notice I don't have a SB on that list. In all honesty, i love watching the big game with my friends and family too much to want to spend the kind of money necessary to attend it in person.

Re: Whats your sports bucket list?

No more buckets!

Been there for Ravens Super Bowls and Orioles World Series. Nothing else of enough interest to me.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

You have a good list. I really consider myself as having lived my sports bucket list already:

Been present for both SB wins
    Attended every Ravens playoff game home and road.
    Was there when MD won the national championship in Atlanta
    Went to the sweep of the Phillies at Philly in 1983 to wash away the taste from 2 game 7 losses at home (1971 & 1979)

If pressed to add, I'd like to see:
    The US win olympic hockey gold
    The Caps win the Stanley Cup

Took the #1 seed off my list in February.

My new list ...

1. Wimbledon -- Always been a tennis fan and would love to go to a finals.

2. O's World Series -- Angelos will most likely prevent this one.

3. Indy 500 / Daytona 500 -- both for the history

4. Bayern Munich match in Munich -- family has ties there and would love to catch a match. I hear the stadium is amazing.

5. Caps Stanley Cup -- they're cursed but it might happen.

My sports bucket list isn't very big, but I would like someday to go to a Summer Olympics and catch some swimming, track, and volleyball finals. Other than that, it would be really cool to go to the tennis finals at Wimbledon, the French Open, the US Open, and the Australian Open. A veritable Grand Slam bucket list item.

As a fan, I have to admit I prefer watching most sports from the comfort of my own house. But if I ever had the opportunity to spend a Sunday following the leaders at Augusta, I would take it.
    Last edited by somedumbguy; 08-02-2013 at 03:56 PM.

I've been to a SB, World Series, NBA Finals (Clincher), 2/3rds of the Triple crown (one amongst the rowdies and the other with the blue bloods).

I want to go to an Olympics (Summer), the Masters, and I want to run with the bulls.'

I saved that one for last because I just might not come back from that.

1. Orioles World Series clincher
    2. Ravens Super Bowl win (went to XLVII but hey, I'm greedy)
    3. Ravens AFCCG win at home
    4. The Masters
    5. Summer Olympics6
    6. Winter Olympics

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Go to a Ravens superbowl.

I was at game 5 in 1983 to see the O's win the world series. I was only 13 though. I am in the middle of the pennants in the pic.861410_10200321354372978_963720787_o.jpg
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    As far as number 7, its not that I don't think the O's can make it to the World Series in the near future, but getting a game 7 at home is asking for alot of things to fall in place.
    Not sure about Game 7 in Charm City, but the O's are going to the World Series this year. It's all in the numbers ;)

Next March will make 30 years since the Baltimore Colts left town and the Orioles won a World Series the season right before that (30 years ago). Before they left the Colts had been here for 30 years. When the Ravens won their first Superbowl it was the first time in 30 years the Lombardi trophy was brought home to Baltimore. Baltimore went without NFL football for 12 seasons. It took the Ravens 12 years to win their second SB. It took the Orioles 12 years to win their first World Series.

So if you believe in crap like this you might want to start thinking about booking a trip

It's cool you have Lambeau on your list. I've been there. Make sure you take the stadium tour when you go. Asyou walk up the tunnel from the LR to the field they pipe in the crowd noise just as you step foot on the frozen tundra.
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 08-02-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    1. Orioles World Series clincher
    2. Ravens Super Bowl win (went to XLVII but hey, I'm greedy)
    3. Ravens AFCCG win at home
    4. The Masters
    5. Summer Olympics6
    6. Winter Olympics
    Good call on The Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Good call on The Masters.
    To each his own.

I know a lot of people like it, but I can think of very few things more boring than standing along a fairway or green for hours to watch guys hit a ball with a stick, even if there is a green jacket waiting for one of them at the end.