Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Top d bags from Baltimore sports history

Yes but Wed is generally a bad night for sports, especially football so they
    didn't wanna. We have Sun night baseball and football and Thurs night baseball and
    football but have you ever heard of Wed night football?

Sun and Mon are the Jewish holidays and that's a lot of money that
    wouldn't be watching and buying. Then there was the Muslim holiday somewhere in
    there so it was a master goat f*ck on Goodell and the NFL as you say

All that said, the radio guys said it was a done deal between the two front offices to
    move the baseball game up to 1 pm and the football game around 8 or 9 until
    Petey got involved and didn't want to get pushed around by the NFL. He tried to
    buy the Bucs and move them here but Art came but Tags blocked him out getting
    Glazer to buy them and keep them in Tampa. Petey also offered an un-heard of sum
    for the Rams but Georgia nixed it so he has a grudge with the NFL. He wanted to
    own both pro teams in Bmore.

Man, can you see him owing the Ravens????????
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yes but Wed is generally a bad night for sports, especially football so they
    didn't wanna.
    As per Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive: "Dr. Kimball, I don't care."

So what? We're the Super Bowl Champions. The Patriots were not. They should have had no say in the matter. NBC may not have been happy, but, if they bal;ked at Wednesday, Betcha 3 other networks would have jumped at tge chance to show it.

Goodell is Kraft's lap-dog. Also, Bisciotti should have shown that he has some balls by demanding that the game be played on Wednesday.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

No need for religious commentary here.

Post was deleted. Carry on ...

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no Islamic holiday in September so I don't know why any Muslims would be upset about what day we played our first game.

In reality, Rosh Hashanah isn't a real reason either.

The real reason is that NBC and the NFL want the highest ratings/money for that game and have no problem sacrificing Baltimore in the sake of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    How can we forget when John Dutton gave the one finger salute (not saying we are # 1 either) to the fans of Baltimore as he was leaving the field. That has to rank in the top 10.
    For the young folks that do not remember the Colts playing in Baltimore. John Dutton was in a contract dispute with Irsay in 1978, it was played out in the media which made Dutton look bad. In one of the last games playing for the Colt's the fans booed him and he gave them the one finger salute. He signed with Dallas the following year. Dutton did apologize years later for the blunder, but at the time he knew he would not be a Colt the following year so he let the fans know how he felt.

Even though he never actually played for the Ravens in uniform, Terrell Owens was a Raven briefly when San Francisco traded him to the Ravens I think in 2004 or 2005. He made it clear he was not going to play for Baltimore and filed a complaint with the league to have the trade rescinded. He won the complaint and was eventually sent to the Eagles. For a brief moment in Ravens history he was the most hated man in Baltimore and probably still is for some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Even though he never actually played for the Ravens in uniform, Terrell Owens was a Raven briefly when San Francisco traded him to the Ravens I think in 2004 or 2005. He made it clear he was not going to play for Baltimore and filed a complaint with the league to have the trade rescinded. He won the complaint and was eventually sent to the Eagles. For a brief moment in Ravens history he was the most hated man in Baltimore and probably still is for some fans.
    Winner!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I remember When I was 11 or 12, around '69 or '70, I was hanging at a Fair Lanes bowling alley I lived near in Pikesville.
    Met this other kid there and we were playing around,goofing off and after a while he says his dad was Paul Blair.
    I was like no way and he says yea,he's bowling Ten Pins down at the end of the bowling alley,"come on I'll introduce you".
    We go over and 4 guys are at the end alley by themselves bowling and it's Paul Blair,Chico Salmon,Mike Cuellar,and Frank Robinson.
    I get introduced and grab a piece of bowling alley stationary and a pencil and ask for autographs.
    Frank Robinson starts acting like a dick.
    "I came here to get away from this shit!"
    The other guys were nice and signed the paper and talked Frank into signing also but he did it with disgust.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

B-boy--
    Sadly, I had the same type of reaction from Robinson when I met him. Interesting that he'd act like that when your pal was Blair's son. I wonder if Blair said anything to him?