Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Top d bags from Baltimore sports history

Alan Wiggins.
    Scott Erickson.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd put Art Schlichter in that list before Cmac.

Cmac was always a nice guy, just had a demon or two.
    Very good call.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Reggie Jackson and Mike Mussina.

Bad enough to bail on the O's for greener pastures, but to join the hated Yanquis? Many fans pick on Angelos for the O's swoon, but I place more blame on Mussina,
    Mussina was a DB long before he left. The stories I heard about this guy. Crushing, as he is/was my favorite Oriole of all time.

The entire 2013 Orioles team/organization for not doing the right thing and canceling the game with the White Sox so that the Ravens could open at home.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

downside-
    Not sure I understand why the team is on your list, I doubt they had much input into that decision. My suspicion is that the call was made by the owner and a couple top execs, maybe even with guidance from MLB, although I have no evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    downside-
    Not sure I understand why the team is on your list, I doubt they had much input into that decision. My suspicion is that the call was made by the owner and a couple top execs, maybe even with guidance from MLB, although I have no evidence.
    +1
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

How about Mark Teixeira? Didn't play for the O's but sure as hell used them!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Alan Wiggins.
    Any anecdotes to support this, or just opinion? I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I always viewed Wiggins as a guy of immense talent, short on common sense, and messed up in drugs which ultimately ended his life at age 32. He pissed away his career, but I never thought he was a d-bag to fans. I would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd put Art Schlichter in that list before Cmac.

Cmac was always a nice guy, just had a demon or two.
    Yeah...Schlichter is an absolutely horrible human being on all levels apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    downside-
    That is a fair point, Beau. I suppose there is plenty of blame to go around but far as "Baltimore Sports History" it seemed unfair to list all of MLB when the Orioles are the Baltimore manifestation of the MLB.

I guess we could add John Elway, even though he never played for Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I guess we could add John Elway, even though he never played for Baltimore.
    I thought of him too, then again he didn't want to play for Kush (not that it matters IMO). Lots of rookies play for coaches and teams that aren't their first choice.
    Last edited by Derf; 08-02-2013 at 03:31 PM.

LeRon McClain. Can't respect spitting in a guys face.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    The entire 2013 Orioles team/organization for not doing the right thing and canceling the game with the White Sox so that the Ravens could open at home.
    The NFL - for putting the Ravens and O's in a all lose situation!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I wouldn't judge an athlete by a brief personal interaction with them, and I haven't even ever personally had one that made me dislike the person. But following your title, here are my Top D-Bags in Baltimore Sports History:

10: Deion Sanders – I have no reason for including him here except that, well, I hate that guy. Always hated that guy. Had to hold my nose while cheering for him.

9: Eddie Murray – I don’t blame him for the rub with the media. But I blame him for letting it interfere with what could have been a beautiful love affair between player and city.

8: Chris McAlister – I hate putting him here, because he played great and helped win us a Lombardi. But he pissed away a chance at being an all-time great.

7: Frank Robinson – Great player, but there are so many fan anecdotes about him being a standoffish prima donna that there’s gotta be some fire behind that smoke.

6: Erik Bedard – Taking himself out of games when he’s pitching shutouts might be the least annoying thing about him.

5: Sydney Ponson – Tub of lard made more in one season that Palmer made in his ENTIRE CAREER. Chew on that.

4: Peter Angelos – Yeah, the team is lovable now, but MAN did you screw up a good thing.

3: Johnny Sample – (Allegedly) stole from a teammate’s locker. Are you kidding?
    It's true. He did steal from his teammates. That's well known amongst old timers. The owner
    caught him red handed when he hired a midget and hid him in the ventalator shaft and he
    took pics of him taking stuff out of lockers. The entire team complained about it.

After Rosey got the evidence he called a meeting of the team captains, Gino, Unitas and
    someone else. Rosey didn't want to let him go because he might come back to hault them and
    he did in SB 3. Weeb the coach liked him and didn't want him to go but the players did.
    Gino and JOhn really didn't want hm to go but they represented the team and the team
    wanted him gone.

So Rosey says OK, he's gone but it's on you guys not me. Gino said the hell with that. Its
    your decision. So they fired him.

When Sample saw Unitas before the SB game in Miami he said not today big guy. YOu're
    not pulling it out today. John said hey man, do you still have the watch you stole out of
    my locker? LOL

Sample ended up in prison years later for stealing social security checks or something like
    that and even then he said he was innocent.

But I wouldn't put Sample on the all time d-bag list even though he helped beat us in
    SB 3 - Rosey's worse nightmare. Weeb signed him as soon as he got to NY.