Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: ESPN's AFC North Preview----Merrill Hoge's prognostications

If you truely want to improve the ratings of the prowbowl you should put Hoge and Skip Bayless in a steel cage at the 50 during the half time show and have them duke it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The Ravens have the best quarterback, running game, Head Coach and defense (by season's end) in the AFCN. Case closed. I can't wait.
    ^^^^ This...can't wait for the season to start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pittsburgh has lost James Harrison, Casey Hampton AND Mike Wallace. Brown's going to get doubled. What else is there? People are saying that about Torrey, when you can say the same about Brown. Whose your NT? Hampton could at least give you two downs. When was the last time Ben played a full 16 games? We lose Pitta, they lose Miller.

I'm sorry Pittsburgh, I'm not seeing it.

Me neither. I would like to hear from an objective Steelers fan (an oxymoron, I know) and get their take. Not to mention we have the best return game in the division. Hell we could move the ball on them three years ago when they were at full strength, referees notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Me neither. I would like to hear from an objective Steelers fan (an oxymoron, I know) and get their take. Not to mention we have the best return game in the division. Hell we could move the ball on them three years ago when they were at full strength, referees notwithstanding.
    Steeler forums are strange places. Half the posters are sure Ben will get them another ring this year; the other half think they haven't had a decent draft since 2007, and should blow it up and start over.

Or maybe they're all bipolar, and it's the same people, just different days.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Steeler forums are strange places. Half the posters are sure Ben will get them another ring this year; the other half think they haven't had a decent draft since 2007, and should blow it up and start over.

Or maybe they're all bipolar, and it's the same people, just different days.
    Lol, although I would tend to agree with the latter group. They are closer to rebuilding than contending, IMHO.

Blog Entries

Then, they lost their rising corner opposite Ike Taylor.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bell should pan out great. DaCastro, while not a true rookie, pretty much sat out all last year with an injury. Thomas, and Wheaton have been added as well. These guys will get more downs than usual as rookies. With a regular running back, things should look up for a running game. Woodley is actually in shape. Spence might come back this year. That would be a huge boon. What hurts most is Miller being out. He was on track for 15+ TD's until he got hurt last year, and he will miss the beginning of this year.

The team will look different this year. If the veterans can stay healthy, mostly Troy P. and Ben R., then their is no reason to deny a chance at winning the division.Year after year it is one injury after another - hopefully this will change. No reason to deny the Bengals either, they have been contending every year. The Browns, well, they notch one or two victories in the division, but that is about it. I would not be surprised if either the Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers won the division.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pittsburgh has lost James Harrison, Casey Hampton AND Mike Wallace. Brown's going to get doubled. What else is there? People are saying that about Torrey, when you can say the same about Brown. Whose your NT? Hampton could at least give you two downs. When was the last time Ben played a full 16 games? We lose Pitta, they lose Miller.

I'm sorry Pittsburgh, I'm not seeing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Bell should pan out great. DaCastro, while not a true rookie, pretty much sat out all last year with an injury. Thomas, and Wheaton have been added as well. These guys will get more downs than usual as rookies. With a regular running back, things should look up for a running game. Woodley is actually in shape. Spence might come back this year. That would be a huge boon. What hurts most is Miller being out. He was on track for 15+ TD's until he got hurt last year, and he will miss the beginning of this year.

The team will look different this year. If the veterans can stay healthy, mostly Troy P. and Ben R., then their is no reason to deny a chance at winning the division.Year after year it is one injury after another - hopefully this will change. No reason to deny the Bengals either, they have been contending every year. The Browns, well, they notch one or two victories in the division, but that is about it. I would not be surprised if either the Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers won the division.
    I can roll with that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Merrill Hodge, Heath Evans, Chris Carter etc. I want them to be anti Ravens. The last thing I want is these asses to say we are good. Rather stay under the radar.
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSunday View Post
    Herm Edwards' "Wow" said it all.
    Yeah, Herm knows that Hodge is a stiller homer and a dork. I would have much rather listened to Herm's analysis of the ravens and stillers.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Without looking, I'll guess Hoge's prediction:

1. Steelers (they're gods gift to the NFL, btw)
    2. Steelers (they're that good, they can finish 1-2)
    3. Bengals (these hosers get lucky enough to win a few games, other than losing to, you guessed it, the Steelers)
    4. Steelers (yes, they're that good. I want to have Roethlisburger's babies)
    5. Browns (even these douchennozzles get lucky, and hey, someone has to lose to the Bengals and, you guessed it, the almighty Steelers)
    6. Ravens (someone has to lose to everyone else, including the diety like Steeler organization, and be in last place
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

There are some analysts that you want to hear speak highly of the Ravens and others you could hardly care less about.