Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: The Real Punishment for the Patriots is yet to come . . .

I don't know about some of you guys. Losing a first round pick is pretty heavy shit.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I don't think more punishment to BB is unwarranted. If it happens again, I'm all for giving him the Pete Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't know about some of you guys. Losing a first round pick is pretty heavy shit.
    I read somewhere that they will have a first round pick next year anyway that they got in a trade with the 49ers.

Blog Entries

Yes, they'll still have a first-round pick. If they don't make the playoffs, they'll lose a second and a third. But it's not going to hit them hard, because they have 5 (FIVE!) first-day picks in next year's draft. Rod Woodson was saying on NFLN that he was hoping that they would have lost multiple draft picks in multiple years. Now that would have been better. This is not much of a punishment for them.

I personally think they should have lost all draft picks for next year, and Bill Belicheck should have been suspended for one full year.

This guy is the Richard Nixon of football. (Except he is not quite as ugly as Nixon). He is arrogant, snub, and a sneak. He broke up another man's marriage and probably cheated on his own wife. But people in New England love him. Lastly, he always wears that worn out, torn NFL hoodie. Mike Nolan he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    How is this a big deal? The players have to perform either way.. All the teams have to do is change their signals.. How hard is that? They should be doing that anyway. imo..

I'm not so sure this is as easy as you may think.

Defensive signals I'd imagine are like the equal to an offensive play book.

You can't just change your way of communicating in the middle of a game.

As well, if you don't know that somebody is video taping you, you have no reason to change your signals.

Belichik should have been suspended for at least a game or two.
    and I mean suspended to the point of having no contact with the team.

Locked out like the Titans did to Mcnair.

Wade Wilson of the cowboys was suspended for 5 games I believe for taking HGH.
    In addition he also was slapped with a hefty fine.
    Apparently he took it due to diabetes(sp?) causing male performance problems with his Mrs.
    Certainly HGH is an illegal substance in the NFL, but a coach on Roids contributes absolutely no unfair competitive advantage.

How an assistant coach taking HGH (who never gets on the field) can be suspended for multiple games but a head coach gets a free ride for cheating giving his team a definite advantage is beyond me.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

How an assistant coach taking HGH (who never gets on the field) can be suspended for multiple games but a head coach gets a free ride for cheating giving his team a definite advantage is beyond me.
    That's Easy. His 'Genius' status is what saves him. Could you imagine if this was Brian Billick and the Ravens who were doing this. Billick would have been castrated by everyone, including the fans in Baltimore. But your right I have no idea how a coach could be suspended for games for doing steriods.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

8. Re: OT: The Real Punishment for the Patriots is yet to come . . .

I also thought the punishment was fine until I saw that they have 2 1sts and a stockpile of 2 and 3's.(As mentioned above)

Given that, Belicheck should have been suspended, or they should have been forced to forfeit the Jets game. This is a big deal because it isn't a one time thing. It is leaking out from other teams that shady crap has been going on in Foxboro for years. Like visiting headsets going off when the Pats are struggling. That is bush league stuff.

I agree with the original point of this thread. If the Pats are suddenly no longer unbeatable then it calls their dynasty into question.

The thing that gets me is how so many in the media are defending the Pat's actions. "If you aint cheatin', you aint tryin'," is one of the most ignorant, disgusting sayings I've heard in a while, and it just keeps getting spouted off to us through the media. It's really upsetting to me.

Cheating is wrong. There's no point to competition, if it's unfair competition. If the Pats couldn't hang in this league without cheating then too bad for them.

They should have had to forfeit the game, and Billicheck should have been suspended for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Could you imagine if this was Brian Billick and the Ravens who were doing this.

They'd be calling for the Pete Rose treatment.

Banned from the league!!

There's wide speculation that the Pats aren't the only team that have used these tactics during games.

If in fact that's the case, there could be more fallout if they start digging and probing into this stuff deeper.

The type of dollars in fines that were slapped on the Pats and Bellichik are minimal when you look at their salarys and profits, etc.

Suspending Bellichik would have been a much better way of sending a serious message to the league.

Seems to me that the new commish is all about cleaning up the league of bad conduct.

It also seems to me that freakin' cheating falls under bad conduct.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!