Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro bowl

iggyman555 Guest

Pro bowl

Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter 3m

NFL eliminated traditional AFC-NFC Pro Bowl matchup; will be replaced with Pro-Bowl fantasy-like draft, per ESPN sources.

i kinda like this idea

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Pro bowl

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m

No more kickoffs in Pro Bowl. Rosters will consist of 43 players per squad. Game will be played Jan 26 in Honolulu.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m

Now players will be assigned to teams through the Pro Bowl Draft (really). Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will be draft captains.

I like it.

The draft part could be fun.

But it ain't gonna change the fact that an "exhibition" football game - where players are primarily concerned with avoiding injury - is simply useless and boring to watch.

Blog Entries

sounds a little bizarre but I guess it will get a lot of fantasy fans interested, and that's the goal. They could probably do all of this and forget about actually playing a game, and they'd get the same results.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I would still rather watch paint dry than to watch any All Star Game that the Big Four put out.

If they're still playing the game, they haven't made it better. Given the injury rate for the sport, having your best players risk being hurt for nothing makes absolutely no sense.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

They should just do a flag football tournament with players being picked like NFL Street. 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 OL, and 1 DL. This would be significantly more entertaining and avoid a lot less injuries. I would love to watch RG III play deep safety or Calvin Johnson play CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    They should just do a flag football tournament with players being picked like NFL Street. 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 OL, and 1 DL. This would be significantly more entertaining and avoid a lot less injuries. I would love to watch RG III play deep safety or Calvin Johnson play CB.
    I thought the last Pro Bowl was flag football.

Maybe they could somehow tie home field advantage for the Super Bowl to it.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Honestly, just cancel it, it's long past its sell by date.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Still couldn't care less about the PB.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...