Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

It was a mistake on his part, and for me, the reality that some (particularly the younger ones) in the generation refer to each other with that name so idiotically, does not change the reality that the term is synonymous with some deep wounds that will never completely heal amongst the race. And each race has its own terms like that.

I don't know, Riley Cooper doesn't seem important enough for me to really get ticked at about it. Besides, he's going to have issues in his own locker room now. Not to mention the city that he plays in. That's enough punishment for me, because it'll take care of itself.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ravens75... I can understand your sentiment...

"Nigger" is just a word as much as "spic", "cracker", "wetback", et cetera. Unfortunately, those words come with loaded histories. The difference lies in the intent of conveying the message... After listening/reading Cooper's reply, it is hard to stomach his reply to the situation regardless of the context or whatsoever. It has a racial intention of offending a specific race rather than an individual, and he probably knew that word was appalling when using in such a matter.

I don't think it should cost him his career, and I also believe that his employer should discipline him. It is really sad that anyone would speak in such manner to deliberately degrade/humiliate a person based on his/her race.

Nonetheless, debates on race are much needed in this country. Like you, I have no intention of turning or continuing this into a racial debate in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It was a mistake on his part, and for me, the reality that some (particularly the younger ones) in the generation refer to each other with that name so idiotically, does not change the reality that the term is synonymous with some deep wounds that will never completely heal amongst the race. And each race has its own terms like that.

I don't know, Riley Cooper doesn't seem important enough for me to really get ticked at about it. Besides, he's going to have issues in his own locker room now. Not to mention the city that he plays in. That's enough punishment for me, because it'll take care of itself.
    Yea, I would hate if anything happens to him (such as threats, bodily harms, etc.) as result of the racial slur... Philadelphia is a city you don't want to antagonize, especially if you are a marginal player at best.

Blog Entries

The one thing that I will say is that I don't care to use alcohol as an excuse for his comments. I find that alcohol more so gives a person the courage to say what they really want to say deep down.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Yea, I would hate if anything happens to him (such as threats, bodily harms, etc.) as result of the racial slur... Philadelphia is a city you don't want to antagonize, especially if you are a marginal player at best.
    Well, he did say he'd fight every black in the place. You have to know one of his players is going to dare him to repeat that in the locker room.

Did anyone else hear the report that Rex plans to run more wildcat this year than ever before?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-new-york-jets
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Did anyone else hear the report that Rex plans to run more wildcat this year than ever before?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-new-york-jets
    You mean the one we should have heard a year ago? That one?

Hey it took about a year to get it down right. Now it will be unstoppable.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

The one thing that I will say is that I don't care to use alcohol as an excuse for his comments. I find that alcohol more so gives a person the courage to say what they really want to say deep down.
    I agree. Alcohol loosens inhibitions, so it is likely that Cooper does harbor such thoughts. Those kinds of words don't just come out of your mouth in public, unless you have used them before.

Blog Entries

who's gonna run it?

I heard a defensive coach on SiriusNFL yesterday. He said this year, if an opponent runs the spread or pistol they're likely to stand up their DEs and the main job is to knock the *^% out of the QB regardless of where the ball goes. Their plan to stop the pistol is to hurt the QB. Don't tell Goodell

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    who's gonna run it?

I heard a defensive coach on SiriusNFL yesterday. He said this year, if an opponent runs the spread or pistol they're likely to stand up their DEs and the main job is to knock the *^% out of the QB regardless of where the ball goes. Their plan to stop the pistol is to hurt the QB. Don't tell Goodell
    That's a bit of what the Ravens strategy was in the Super Bowl. Suggs job was to attack Kaepernick and force him to give up the ball. Now, coaches are going to take it to another level.

Blog Entries

Washington signed Nick Barnett to a one year deal. There will be some teams kicking themselves for not going after Barnett... one of them may be up 95 in the Meadowlands... G men could have used him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!