Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

Oh brother? The "N" word? Please. Let's all just put in Django Unchained for a minute and a half, or perhaps a DMX song.

Is Cooper an idiot? Yes. Should the NFL fine him? Yes. Should his team and the public rip him to shreds over it like Paula Dean? No.

Dude was likely drunk and upset. As if all the world never made a mistake. I'm not even a Christian, but WWJD? Forgive and move on.

Words are given power by you and how you let it affect your life. Be moral, choose the high ground but don't stare down your nose when others err.

Blog Entries

The sanchize is over.

http://es.pn/16FyxoD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Sanchez may win the job but it sounds like Geno is doing pretty well and the fans go nuts after every play
    He may win initially, but I expect by week 12 we'll be seeing Geno.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    He may win initially, but I expect by week 12 we'll be seeing Geno.
    Ill bet anyone that geno starts week 1. He's got a cannon for an arm unlike Sanchez. They've already seen what they get with Sanchez. Might as well play the rook they drafted relatively high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think Geno starts week 1 too or the fans will burn the stadium. Once he's the starter they can't go back to Sanchez IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Oh brother? The "N" word? Please. Let's all just put in Django Unchained for a minute and a half, or perhaps a DMX song.

Is Cooper an idiot? Yes. Should the NFL fine him? Yes.
    The follow up, according to nil.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...sitive-comment

Apparently he got into it with an African-American security guard.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The follow up, according to nil.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...sitive-comment

Apparently he got into it with an African-American security guard.
    Growing up in the sixties in a all white neighborhood it was not an uncommon term. The civil rights movement came with Vietnam giving way to the seventies and High School with busing and racial tension all through High School. Several decades passed and now it's taboo. I never wore a seat belt either back in the day, but now everyone should know better. Now there is somebody standing around with a smart phone waiting to record anything you do. Fight the urge to pick your nose in public or run the risk of being on Youtube.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Is Cooper an idiot? Yes. Should the NFL fine him? Yes. Should his team and the public rip him to shreds over it like Paula Dean? No.

Dude was likely drunk and upset. As if all the world never made a mistake. I'm not even a Christian, but WWJD? Forgive and move on.

Words are given power by you and how you let it affect your life. Be moral, choose the high ground but don't stare down your nose when others err.
    What the hell happened to Captain Silver?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What the hell happened to Captain Silver?
    Surgically repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    If you like to play amateur judge be my guest but I refuse to condemn someone making a negative comment without seeing or knowing the details of the conflict .

Some (or most) might dislike what was said but he may have had every right to defend himself.
    So the right to defend yourself calls for him to use the N word? Really?

If he had words with the security guard and simply said 'I'll kick your ass' etc. this wouldn't be a story. Instead he said he would 'kick every niggers ass in here'. At that point if I'm a bystander I probably would jump in because now you've offended and threatened me.

Sorry but I am one not to ignore and forgive as if nothing happened. Calling a black person that word is the worst thing you can call someone of color. I don't take it lightly and I act whether the person who said it is white or not.

My ancestors were beaten and whipped while being called that named. My female ancestors were raped while being called that name. My male ancestors were belittled and humiliated while being called that name.

Sorry but while Riley might have been provoked there was no reason to use that slur.

Edit: I am not trying to start a race debate. God knows we need to dialogue but we aren't going to solve it on this thread.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 08-01-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    If you like to play amateur judge be my guest but I refuse to condemn someone making a negative comment without seeing or knowing the details of the conflict .

Some (or most) might dislike what was said but he may have had every right to defend himself.
    Antagonizing an entire group of people is defending yourself? It's going to have exact opposite effect.

This is a guy whose job involves being hit. Is it really smart to piss off some of those guys who are going to hit you and many of your teammates that you are expecting to protect you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

God knows we need to dialogue but we aren't going to solve it on this thread.
    I agree with this.

I'll offer my apology if anyone was offended by my responses but I do believe someone has a right to defend themselves whether it be verbal or physical confrontation.

I hate when race creeps into sport since this seems like the last bastion where we don't have to hear the continuing echos of the race hustlers as on daily news.

Time for a sports sabbatical.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 08-01-2013 at 07:33 AM.