Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And people complain about Joe's leadership.

Blog Entries

I always wondered why the guy started making belt gestures after throwing touchdowns.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And people complain about Joe's leadership.
    :word

I always wondered why the guy started making belt gestures after throwing touchdowns.
    Rodgers always seemed like a douche to me. He's a great QB, but his personality always rubbed me the wrong way.

Sure that wasn't just the "discount double-check" move?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ers-leadership

"We've always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else," Driver said, via ESPN.com. "If a guy runs the wrong route, it's easy for the quarterback to say, 'Hey, I told him to run that route' than for the guy to be like, 'Well, I ran the wrong route.' "
    Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're on a team with Manning or Brady and run a wrong route, they tear you a new one, sometimes before you get to the sideline. It's not the QB's job to take the pressure off the other guys; it's his job to keep the pressure on.

I don't like the belt gesture either, but the guy is the best QB in the NFL, and it's not all that close.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're on a team with Manning or Brady and run a wrong route, they tear you a new one, sometimes before you get to the sideline. It's not the QB's job to take the pressure off the other guys; it's his job to keep the pressure on.

I don't like the belt gesture either, but the guy is the best QB in the NFL, and it's not all that close.
    I get that but the QB is also the one that's going to get all the credit for throwing four TD passes even if said receiver catches two of those balls while being double covered.

While Manning and Brady are assholes on the field in meetings they may take their share of the blame. Rodgers may not be willing to do even that but he's ok with taking all the credit.

Who knows.

Blog Entries

It's clear that Rodgers had a lot of suppressed anger and has begun acting out.

I mean, if Alex Smith was drafted first overall, while you fell into the twenties, had to sit behind the pompous ass that is Brett Favre, who openly acknowledged that he has no interest in teaching you anything, for three years, wouldn't you?

[QUOTE=The Excellector;650032]It's clear that Rodgers had a lot of suppressed anger and has begun acting out.
    /QUOTE]

Lolwut? The only thing that's clear is tat two guys who recently left a team are willing to take pot shots at the face of that team. Nothing I've ever heard or seen from Rodgers suggests he's any different from any other QB. And as far as the idea that a QB should cover up for his receiver's mistakes? Bull. Last I checked, receivers get paid too. Own your own fuck ups.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Not to mention hearing Jennings and Finley moan about getting the ball thrown their way constantly....

I was watching the Browns-Lions game. The Browns are not going to be bad at all and could make this division truly the toughest one in football. The division winner does not win more than 10 games if the Browns play well.

Also, the Browns organization should be ashamed of themselves for not suspending Kosar. The guy basically said that he's just Bernie being Bernie when he offered his apology. They are some real tools out in Northeast Ohio.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I was watching the Browns-Lions game. The Browns are not going to be bad at all and could make this division truly the toughest one in football. The division winner does not win more than 10 games if the Browns play well.

Also, the Browns organization should be ashamed of themselves for not suspending Kosar. The guy basically said that he's just Bernie being Bernie when he offered his apology. They are some real tools out in Northeast Ohio.
    I agree. Everyone seems to be talking about the Bengals, but I think the Browns will sneak up on some teams. They always have played the Ravens hard. Last year it took a 4th quarter drive to beat them in Cleveland. If Weeden plays well the Browns will be tough.