Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

That pick shocked everyone. It was like the Raiders Mike Mitchell pick from a couple of years ago.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They've had other good picks recently. LaMichael James and Kendall Hunter are good looking runningbacks. Chris Culliver was a starting CB before he got hurt a week ago. Bruce Miller is a very FB and special teams player. The Harbaugh drafts have been good outside of Jenkins who has been horrible. Singletary had a pick nearly as bad in Taylor Mays who went in the upper part of round 2 and was cut after just 1 season.
    Highlighting the RB position for the Niners makes me think that, yeah, the current brain trust isn't that good at picking. Adding to Frank Gore they've used a lot of fairly high draft picks on the position with Hunter, James, Miller and this year Lattimore. All of them are good players and if Lattimore comes around, they could have a real stud. But....that's a lot of picks for one position and a couple of those guys are gonna want to leave after their rookie contract is up cause they aren't getting any touches. James was inactive for much of last season before Hunter got hurt and how often does any team make their 2nd round pick inactive? He could be starting elsewhere or at least in a rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I hated AJ Jenkins when I scouted him for the 2012 draft. Never thought he'd amount to anything in the NFL. Just didn't show an NFL skill set at Illinois. Horrible first round bust for the 49ers.
    I agree.

He just looked like a soft, one dimensional speed guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Tom Brady injures knee and leaves practice:

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/201...aves-practice/

Jim Harbaugh doesn't make the picks. Trent Baalke is the GM in charge of that, their version of Ozzie. Give him the credit and blame.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Tom Brady injures knee and leaves practice:

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/201...aves-practice/
    TEBOW, TEBOW............. By the grace of god he'll be starting before long.

Blog Entries

"When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And people complain about Joe's leadership.

Blog Entries

I always wondered why the guy started making belt gestures after throwing touchdowns.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And people complain about Joe's leadership.

I always wondered why the guy started making belt gestures after throwing touchdowns.
    Rodgers always seemed like a douche to me. He's a great QB, but his personality always rubbed me the wrong way.

Sure that wasn't just the "discount double-check" move?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ers-leadership

"We've always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else," Driver said, via ESPN.com. "If a guy runs the wrong route, it's easy for the quarterback to say, 'Hey, I told him to run that route' than for the guy to be like, 'Well, I ran the wrong route.' "
    Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're on a team with Manning or Brady and run a wrong route, they tear you a new one, sometimes before you get to the sideline. It's not the QB's job to take the pressure off the other guys; it's his job to keep the pressure on.

I don't like the belt gesture either, but the guy is the best QB in the NFL, and it's not all that close.
    I've upped my standards. Up yours.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're on a team with Manning or Brady and run a wrong route, they tear you a new one, sometimes before you get to the sideline. It's not the QB's job to take the pressure off the other guys; it's his job to keep the pressure on.

I don't like the belt gesture either, but the guy is the best QB in the NFL, and it's not all that close.
    I get that but the QB is also the one that's going to get all the credit for throwing four TD passes even if said receiver catches two of those balls while being double covered.

While Manning and Brady are assholes on the field in meetings they may take their share of the blame. Rodgers may not be willing to do even that but he's ok with taking all the credit.

Who knows.

Blog Entries

It's clear that Rodgers had a lot of suppressed anger and has begun acting out.

I mean, if Alex Smith was drafted first overall, while you fell into the twenties, had to sit behind the pompous ass that is Brett Favre, who openly acknowledged that he has no interest in teaching you anything, for three years, wouldn't you?

[QUOTE=The Excellector;650032]It's clear that Rodgers had a lot of suppressed anger and has begun acting out.
    /QUOTE]

Lolwut? The only thing that's clear is tat two guys who recently left a team are willing to take pot shots at the face of that team. Nothing I've ever heard or seen from Rodgers suggests he's any different from any other QB. And as far as the idea that a QB should cover up for his receiver's mistakes? Bull. Last I checked, receivers get paid too. Own your own fuck ups.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron