Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

Apparently, Markus Wheaton has done well snagging deep passes and is quite fast.

That is all I have really heard about him though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Quick rookie WR notes from what I've read:

* Austin (STL) and Hopkins (HOU) are on-track to start

* The trio of Dobson (NE), Thompkins and Boyce are doing well (maybe b/c there no other options really) with Thompkins looking like the best of them.

* Keenan Allen (SD) is struggling with getting the offense down

* Patton (SF) has a dislocated finger

* Patterson (MIN) is impressive with PR/KR duties but not yet at WR

* Woods (BUF) generally looks good

Nothing on Hunter (TEN), Wheaton (PIT) or Rogers (BUF).
    I heard Hopkins is inline to not only start but be impressive in doing so. I think he fell into a really good situation in Houston.
    -JAB

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m

Bears announced CB Kelvin Hayden tore his hamstring and is out for the year. What's going on here?

Blog Entries

...and the Saints just lost two players for the year also Joe Morgan ACL and Coleman tore his pec. Coleman's is the first injury I've seen that's not lower extremity

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...an-for-season/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ...and the Saints just lost two players for the year also Joe Morgan ACL and Coleman tore his pec. Coleman's is the first injury I've seen that's not lower extremity

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...an-for-season/
    Let's keep out fingers crossed the angry ACL god doesn't decide to strike any of our players on Thurs.

Blog Entries

Lots of opportunities for younger players to step up.

Seahawks signed Early Doucet last Friday.

....And released him today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-early-doucet/

That was quick.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m

Bears announced CB Kelvin Hayden tore his hamstring and is out for the year. What's going on here?
    I think all the confusion about why there's been so many leg injuries is sort of amusing. The answer is patently obvious to anyone who ever took an intro to statistics class, but because its not an exciting reason, no one is mentioning it.

Why are there so many lower body injuries this year? Pure random fluctuation. Every year there's a percentage of players who tear ACLs or hamstrings or break the odd bone. This year, that percentage is a point or two higher than usual. That's all.

There's no grand conspiracy. It only seems to be getting out of hand because we're noticing every single leg injury to every player instead of simply only noting the big names.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I think all the confusion about why there's been so many leg injuries is sort of amusing. The answer is patently obvious to anyone who ever took an intro to statistics class, but because its not an exciting reason, no one is mentioning it.

Why are there so many lower body injuries this year? Pure random fluctuation. Every year there's a percentage of players who tear ACLs or hamstrings or break the odd bone. This year, that percentage is a point or two higher than usual. That's all.

There's no grand conspiracy. It only seems to be getting out of hand because we're noticing every single leg injury to every player instead of simply only noting the big names.
    I agree. I think it's just that more big name players have gone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Apparently, Markus Wheaton has done well snagging deep passes and is quite fast.

That is all I have really heard about him though.
    I was a huge Wheaton fan. I really hoped we had a shot at him in the 3rd or 4th.

I hate that the Steelers snagged him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I was a huge Wheaton fan. I really hoped we had a shot at him in the 3rd or 4th.

I hate that the Steelers snagged him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Me too.

Good player.

An unfortunate explanation of WR Donald Jones' (former) FA status:

Ex-Bills WR Donald Jones has decided to retire because of a kidney disorder.
    The ailment landed Jones on the non-football/illness list last season. Only 25, Jones hinted he could still play, but has decided to hang it up out of deference to his health and family. Jones signed with the Patriots in March, but was released before camp. A 2010 undrafted free agent, Jones finishes his career with 82 catches for 887 yards and six touchdowns across 35 games.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...atriots-080713
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver