Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    How did that work out ....
    Rex is thinking about it. He'll get back to you on that.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Check out this gem...
    lol perfectly executed screen pass by Sanchez...to Ziggy Ansah.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 2m

Multiple reports indicating that Chargers WR Malcom Floyd just suffered a potentially significant knee injury during practice

Not good especially after losing Alexander.

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 2m

Multiple reports indicating that Chargers WR Malcom Floyd just suffered a potentially significant knee injury during practice

Damn...that's awful. Chargers always seem to get bit hard by the injury bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 2m

I read that the players gathered around him in prayer. Not jumping to conclusions but that' can't be good. If he's lost, they've lost their #1 and #2 WRs before the season starts.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Seems like a lot of Niner's beat reporters are thinking that they may part ways with AJ Jenkins when it comes time to cut down the roster.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Seems like a lot of Niner's beat reporters are thinking that they may part ways with AJ Jenkins when it comes time to cut down the roster.
    I saw that, and was going to post it...

But then I thought...could this guy be like the San Francisco version of Preston?

Just seems like a ludicrous idea right now. Guy has struggled for sure, but I can't see giving up on a 1st round pick after one year. Just can't.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I read that the players gathered around him in prayer. Not jumping to conclusions but that' can't be good. If he's lost, they've lost their #1 and #2 WRs before the season starts.
    Looks like it was a bit of a false alarm. "Strained" knee, doesn't look like any tear or break.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Bart Scott and Jim Harbaugh in the same locker room...It's the best thing since Bart Scott and Rex Ryan in the same locker room.
    I know John has pinged things off Jim before...I wonder if Jim pinged John on this. Because I'm pretty certain John would tell him "Brother, while I'd love for Bart Scott to meltdown and cost you another SB on our behalf...ARE YOU CERTIFIABLY FUCKING NUTS?"

Wow, a 2012 first rounder and is behind a practice squad player. The 49ers really screwed the pooch with that pick, could've had Janoris Jenkins!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Wow, a 2012 first rounder and is behind a practice squad player. The 49ers really screwed the pooch with that pick, could've had Janoris Jenkins!
    Or several other players...

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries

It seem like the quality drafting actually took place during Singletary's tenure, but that Harbaugh just knew how to cook the meal better. I think Aldon Smith and Kaepernick are the only two that come to mind for me, on his side of things. I think there's an offensive linemen as well.

But, then again, when you can just waltz into the facility and make Alex Smith a good QB.......who needs good drafts?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It seem like the quality drafting actually took place during Singletary's tenure, but that Harbaugh just knew how to cook the meal better. I think Aldon Smith and Kaepernick are the only two that come to mind for me, on his side of things. I think there's an offensive linemen as well.

But, then again, when you can just waltz into the facility and make Alex Smith a good QB.......who needs good drafts?
    They've had other good picks recently. LaMichael James and Kendall Hunter are good looking runningbacks. Chris Culliver was a starting CB before he got hurt a week ago. Bruce Miller is a very FB and special teams player. The Harbaugh drafts have been good outside of Jenkins who has been horrible. Singletary had a pick nearly as bad in Taylor Mays who went in the upper part of round 2 and was cut after just 1 season.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I hated AJ Jenkins when I scouted him for the 2012 draft. Never thought he'd amount to anything in the NFL. Just didn't show an NFL skill set at Illinois. Horrible first round bust for the 49ers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I hated AJ Jenkins when I scouted him for the 2012 draft. Never thought he'd amount to anything in the NFL. Just didn't show an NFL skill set at Illinois. Horrible first round bust for the 49ers.

I was shocked when they used a 1st on him.

Jenkins is a 1-directional receiver. That's it.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger