Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

Cowboys sign OG Brandon Moore.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Seahawks cut TE Michael Palmer.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Falcons could be weak in the trenches this year. Sam Baker was injury prone and inconsistent prior to his contract year last year. If he does not hold up they could be in big trouble.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cowboys sign OG Brandon Moore.
    will be interesting to see the contract. The reason he was still available is because (reportedly) he wanted 3 - 4M per year and more than a one year deal.

The real question is - can Romo duplicate the butt fumble?
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 08-07-2013 at 09:04 AM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Seeing reports now that after agreeing to a deal...Moore chose to retire instead.

My initial reaction is to laugh, but, that's happened to us before too. Guess his heart just wasn't in it. Or not enough money.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Seeing reports now that after agreeing to a deal...Moore chose to retire instead.

My initial reaction is to laugh, but, that's happened to us before too. Guess his heart just wasn't in it. Or not enough money.
    Reading that he is financially secure and couldn't bear to get on a plane and leave his family.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Reading that he is financially secure and couldn't bear to get on a plane and leave his family.
    That's crazy, why has he been doing the rounds and working out for teams? Maybe if it wasn't the Cowboys he'd think differently but who knows.

In deciding to retire, Moore passed up $2 million in 2013. He was to receive a $500,000 signing bonus, a base salary of $1.25 million, which was fully guaranteed, and a $250,000 play time bonus in his one-year contract.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quick rookie WR notes from what I've read:

* Austin (STL) and Hopkins (HOU) are on-track to start

* The trio of Dobson (NE), Thompkins and Boyce are doing well (maybe b/c there no other options really) with Thompkins looking like the best of them.

* Keenan Allen (SD) is struggling with getting the offense down

* Patton (SF) has a dislocated finger

* Patterson (MIN) is impressive with PR/KR duties but not yet at WR

* Woods (BUF) generally looks good

Nothing on Hunter (TEN), Wheaton (PIT) or Rogers (BUF).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 24m
    The #Broncos have waived/injured OL Justin Boren.
    DEN has needs but still they cut.

@BigPlayReceiver

NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost 19m
    Colts release Brandon McKinney from IR with injury settlement: Defensive lineman let go http://bit.ly/15abkIx
    Another.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Quick rookie WR notes from what I've read:

* Austin (STL) and Hopkins (HOU) are on-track to start
    Those two (and Quntion Patton) were the only ones I was really interested in. Austin and Hopkins were long gone by the time we drafted. And I doubt Patton is going to start this year (though he may have secured the #3 job here).

It is very difficult for a rookie wrs to make an impact. They usually have to be so physically gifted that it overcomes the lack of technique required at the NFL level. What worked in college won't work in the NFL. Route running has to be precise and crisp. It is very hard to get separation in the NFL.