Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

From Rotoworld:

NY Daily News named Rueben Randle its No. 1 star of #Giants camp so far. RR getting open "even in double coverage": http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7468/rueben-randle
    I follow NYG b/c they are a good franchise, with an excellent FO, and a once under-appreciated HC and QB...all just like us.
    I've always thought that they would keep Nicks OR Cruz, but not both, so I'll be watching how many targets Randle gets this season. FWIW I would not want us to pursue Nicks in 2014 if he was available. He's far too hobbled and inconsistent for the money he will demand.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    From Rotoworld:

I follow NYG b/c they are a good franchise, with an excellent FO, and a once under-appreciated HC and QB...all just like us.
    I've always thought that they would keep Nicks OR Cruz, but not both, so I'll be watching how many targets Randle gets this season. FWIW I would not want us to pursue Nicks in 2014 if he was available. He's far too hobbled and inconsistent for the money he will demand.

considering Rueben is playing really well, they extended Dixon, they like Jernnigan, and they just gave Cruz a big contract...I think Nicks won't be with the Giants after this year. The guy can't stay on the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    considering Rueben is playing really well, they extended Dixon, they like Jernnigan, and they just gave Cruz a big contract...I think Nicks won't be with the Giants after this year. The guy can't stay on the field.
    I'd like to see Jernigan this season as well. I liked him a lot coming out.
    I viewed him as better than McCluster, but not quite as good as Harvin. He's far more a linear slicer than a shifty juker. He's best suited for the slot, but Cruz beat him out two summers ago. It sucks for him b/c he'll never prove himself out-wide or with downfield routes.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The Giants drafted Randle at the right spot. I hated the idea of Randle being a late 1st round pick because he wasn't a playmaker in college. Randle had the body and the skills but needed to be developed. The Giants took him with the last pick of the 2nd round. There was no pressure to get their moneys worth because the money was reasonable at the spot. Now they are reaping the rewards of that strategy. If the Giants can get Nicks, Cruz and Randle all healthy this year they're going to have a hell of a good receiver corp

Re: Around the League

It would be great if Culliver's physical therapist is a screaming gay with incredibly soft hands and talks like Serge (Bronson Pinchot) from Beverly Hills Cop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHZWWFmaFcI
    (You may have to sit through a 30 sec ad)

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: Around the League

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    It would be great if Culliver's physical therapist is a screaming gay with incredibly soft hands and talks like Serge (Bronson Pinchot) from Beverly Hills Cop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHZWWFmaFcI
    (You may have to sit through a 30 sec ad)
    That would serve him right

I loved Hakeem Nicks coming out of college, but that guy is possibly never going to be healthy again. If he thinks he's getting huge money next year he is dead wrong. I see him having another injury-plagued year, hitting the open market, and getting a lot of really low offers. He might have to settle for just a 1 year, prove-it type deal.

Just look at the Seahawks. Publicly, they're saying all the right things about Percy Harvin, but he has absolutely earned the title of "injury-prone" at this point, and they just gave him top-10 WR money. In terms of talent, he's worth it, but if he continues to miss several games a year that contract will be an albatross around their neck.

Blog Entries

I can't disagree about Nicks. It's always something with him. He hasn't missed a ton of game but he plays hurt all the time. As he gets older he's not going to be able to play through that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I loved Hakeem Nicks coming out of college, but that guy is possibly never going to be healthy again. If he thinks he's getting huge money next year he is dead wrong. I see him having another injury-plagued year, hitting the open market, and getting a lot of really low offers. He might have to settle for just a 1 year, prove-it type deal.

Just look at the Seahawks. Publicly, they're saying all the right things about Percy Harvin, but he has absolutely earned the title of "injury-prone" at this point, and they just gave him top-10 WR money. In terms of talent, he's worth it, but if he continues to miss several games a year that contract will be an albatross around their neck.
    Yep. And you'd think the 'Hawks would have learned their lesson with Sidney Rice. That guys is another super talented player who can't stay healthy. He has had what...1 good season when he played most of the season in Minny?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Keeping it at a football level and staying away from the social or political commentary, the Eagles are really short on receivers now that Cooper has excused himself from the team for the time being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Keeping it at a football level and staying away from the social or political commentary, the Eagles are really short on receivers now that Cooper has excused himself from the team for the time being.
    I'd say it was likely more the team's decision, tiring of the distraction. Camp is short and you have to maximize every rep. Also IMO if he can't be accepted in that locker room, it's unlikely he'd be accepted in another. He was a bubble player at best and probably would've been cut earlier if not for the Maclin injury

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It's the right thing really.

Leaving out the political / social commentary, any time a distraction of this magnitude comes up, the FO needs to worry about the team moving forward.