Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Around the League

Santonio Holmes is (very) questionable for the first four games.
    NYJ's following games before their week 10 bye? @ATL, PIT, NE, @CIN and NO.
    Those mugs are already on the clock *smh*
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Santonio Holmes is (very) questionable for the first four games.
    NYJ's following games before their week 10 bye? @ATL, PIT, NE, @CIN and NO.
    Those mugs are already on the clock *smh*
    Wow could be an ugly start for them this year. Could they have a collapse like last year's Eagles?

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Wow could be an ugly start for them this year. Could they have a collapse like last year's Eagles?
    I hear ya, but "collapse" implies that they were good/promising to begin with.

The Holmes worst case scenario would make a bad team a terrible team. With very few (if any; maybe Ferguson and Harris?) strong leaders in the locker room + a rookie QB + a coach already on the ropes; they could end up throwing in the towel before Halloween.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    You have a new GM there who was forced to keep a head coach that he didn't want for a year. Idzik certainly isn't going to do anything to help Rex in the personnel department. That was made very clear when he traded Revis despite Rex's protest of the move.

Blog Entries

Packers sign Vince Young - Dream Team!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    GB's LT Bulaga may have an ACL tear. Mobile so can't check right now, but this is not a contract yr for him right?
    Just saw that Bulaga played the entire scrimmage on Saturday night, came in on Sun and said his knee had bothered him the whole game. Checked it out, torn ACL

Not sure if the reduced contact is helping things. A lot of injuries so far this year, all lower extremity.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It might be an issue with the turf. So many changes to the artificial/halfnhalf stuff. It's not as forgiving.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Just saw that Bulaga played the entire scrimmage on Saturday night, came in on Sun and said his knee had bothered him the whole game. Checked it out, torn ACL

Not sure if the reduced contact is helping things. A lot of injuries so far this year, all lower extremity.
    It seems as though most ACL injuries I hear about are non contact injuries as a result of planting and cutting. Especially those in training camp. Hitting takes a toll on the body and leads to all kinds of nagging injuries. It also makes it tough to lift and keep on weight during the season. Older teams cannot afford to hit too much as it is hard enough for them to make it through the season. Pitt is hitting a ton which is surprising as they have an older roster.

Blog Entries

PA is the focal point for debate on camp styles...In Philly, Chip Kelly isn't letting his players tackle to the ground, which is the "norm" in most camps, I think we do the same. Meanwhile, in Pitt, Tomlin has his guys going full tackling whenever they are in pads.

Depends on whether you believe that injuries are caused more by the tackling, or by the attempt to pull up from tackles. I think it's a little of both.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Looks like Tyrann Mathieu is tearing it up at camp

http://arizonasports.com/?nid=40&sid=1653516

One scout told me that Tyrann Mathieu was, "pound-for-pound, the best player on the field." And while conversing with an offensive assistant coach he told me that he believed, "No. 32 was going to change the team."
    I'm rooting for the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Looks like Tyrann Mathieu is tearing it up at camp

http://arizonasports.com/?nid=40&sid=1653516

I'm rooting for the guy

The people who said he couldn't play were looking too hard at his numbers and forgetting that his instincts were what drove him to success at LSU, not pure athleticism. He'll be fine till he messes up and pops positive. Not that it's impossible for him to turn it around (see Randy Moss), but it would definitely be the exception, not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Preseason games suck in general, but this HOF game is by far the worst abomination of a game for fans ever. Nobody every plays in these games and if they do, it's only for a single series no matter what the result is.

Horrible.

Yes I'm watching it lol.
    Dallas' starting 11 looked better than the fins' starting 11.
    Fins scrubs looked better than D's.
    Cboys could have some impact this year?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)