Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bradley Manning Verdict

Just shows you how jacked up the media is in this country.

This trial was actually pretty important for a lot of reasons.

Less than 6 minutes of coverage from major news outlets.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...erage-covering

:grbac:
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Bradley Manning Verdict

Just a sign in the shift of the culture (somewhere Slick Willie is smiling and so is Snowden
    in Moscow) as a single military judge made the verdict which Manning opted for instead of a jury of his peers. I mean this guy gave tons of leaks to wiki (the most leaks in history) including military battlefield videos and diplomatic cables and a military judge said not guilty on charge of treason, which that was - aiding and abetting the enemy.

Yet, after being found innocent of the biggest count he could still get life for the rest of the charges but I think like in the Zimmerman case, there just wasn't the evidence to convict
    on the most serious charge. I think.

My question is, how did such a low level PFC get into position of accessing such critical
    info. No offense to PFCs.

Defense lawyers described Manning as well-intentioned but naive in hoping that his disclosures would provoke a more intense debate in the United States about diplomatic and military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,5272878.story
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-31-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries

As I am sure you know, military court can be quite different than civilian court.

The defense did a good job of basically showing to the judge that yes, he screwed up, but he didn't directly give information to the enemy. The defense also played up the "he didnt know that the enemy could access WikiLeaks and get the info" (...bs IMO).

UCMJ Article 104 - Aiding and Abetting
    http://usmilitary.about.com/library/.../blart-104.htm

He'll still sit in a cell for a long, long time. He is at Ft Meade today and will face Court Martial. I'd expect that he will receive a Dishonorable Discharge or possibly a Bad Conduct Discharge.

Eric Snowden's situation is a little different simply because he was a civilian. I doubt the government lets Snowden get out of anything.

Just curious Wicked, where are you getting your trial info?

From what I understood, no press was allowed in during the trial.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just curious Wicked, where are you getting your trial info?

From what I understood, no press was allowed in during the trial.
    Well, after the verdict came in it was on CNN for a bit.

i just find it interesting that a case with (IMO) fairly significant importance gets hardly any media attention, but Trayvon gets turned into a race war.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, after the verdict came in it was on CNN for a bit.

i just find it interesting that a case with (IMO) fairly significant importance gets hardly any media attention, but Trayvon gets turned into a race war.
    I think that's a function of the military courts, not the media. When you have everyone in the court, from the lowliest typist to the judge to the jury, all of whom are under orders, information is going to be hard to come by.

Blog Entries

I don't think Manning or anyone is this case is suing NBC or anyone else for it's smearing. Nobody in the media got fired in this case.

This case was out there. Everyone knew about it. Guys like Rush mentioned it and some
    of the news outlets, just not like NBC and the rest of the media did in the Martin case.

The liberal establishment doesn't care about someone hurting the country because they
    are hurting it more than Manning ever did like when Clinton did this and after China contributed money to his campaign. China built the fastest super computer ever almost twice as fast as the second place US computer and with US

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknap...test-by-a-lot/

parts but IBM still has 5 of top 10 fastest.

These changes greatly expedited sales of U.S. technology, including supercomputers once prohibited for sale to communist countries and useful in developing nuclear weapons.

When the Justice Department began a grand jury probe of this apparent illegal transfer, President Clinton quickly reclassified the technology and approved its transfer, effectively undermining the Justice Department's case against Loral.

He should have been tried for treason but they don't call him Slick Willie for nutten.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/940025/posts

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_he...t_nbc_07172013

Throw in O BUMMER CARE destroying the greatest health system in the world, well,
    you see the libbies continued destruction of America.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-02-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Manning gets 35 years. Wonder how he feels now?

Guess he won't starting vs the Ravens.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D361310

Reviewing the information Manning released doesn't make me very proud to be an American.

Are we shooting the messenger?

http://gregmitchellwriter.blogspot.c...t-manning.html

Blog Entries

Man, none of us would sleep at night if we knew what went on in the gov't but the events
    listed in your link are nothing compared to Syria dropping chemicals on its own people
    or Stalin and Mao genocizing millions of their own people simply because they didn't like them.

In fact, the Pentagon Papers were far more damaging than cable gate revealing that the Gulf of Tonkin was a staged event by the military to start the Vietnam War and Congress knew about it as recent de-classified documents show.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-22-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Not shooting the messenger, imo.

I also think it is naïve to think foreign policy does not involve 95% of the things on that list for every/any country. All countries spy. All countries threaten, cajole, attempt to assert their own self-interest. No country publishes every cable/communication/message or effort that it makes in terms of asserting its own self-interest, especially if controversial.

It is not reasonable to expect a country to refrain from spying, colluding, threatening or keeping secrets.

The only things that are truly objectionable are illegal acts that are covered up or not punished, and I do not see many, if any, of those.

Manning deserves what he got, imo.

Blog Entries

Ditto.

You beat me to it on the spying. The CIA stopped the Cold War.
    Our friends spy on us. Israel got caught red handed spying on us and we
    protected them. We spy on them and England too.

Sure,it's done some bad
    things but it is in saving the country. Guys being tortured are responsible for killing
    a lot of Americans. If we didn't have Gitmo, we'd have to start one. Our gov't has been
    paying millions to dictators for decades.

Waterboarding led to the killing of Osama Ben Laden.