View Poll Results: Who will you blame if the offense still struggles?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim Caldwell

1 3.03%
  • Joe Flacco

17 51.52%
  • John Harbaugh

1 3.03%
  • Ozzie Newsome

10 30.30%
  • The O-Line

4 12.12%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast

Re: What If It Wasn't Cam?

I love how Boldin has suddenly morphed into Megatron in the minds of fans since we traded him. :grbac:

Blog Entries

There was an interesting article on Cam and the LSU offense last week and I almost posted it here. Pretty interesting how he is working with the receivers. One of them was quoted saying something along the lines of "if it's a 12 yard route and cut, you don't go 11 1/2, or 12 1/2, you better go 12 with Cam".

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I love how Boldin has suddenly morphed into Megatron in the minds of fans since we traded him. :grbac:
    Actually, he morphed into the great receiver we all knew he could be once Cam was shown the door. It's No coincidence that once we had a coordinator who started planning to players strengths, the offense became very good. Unlike Cameron, Caldwell put round pegs in round holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Exactly.

I've never seen this much fuss over a sub 1000 yard receiver before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Exactly.

I've never seen this much fuss over a sub 1000 yard receiver before.
    It's crazy and I remember seeing a boldin is too old and slow thread before the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's crazy and I remember seeing a boldin is too old and slow thread before the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And no hands.

Blog Entries

Boldin had 887 yards in 14 games in 2011, 921 yards in 15 games in 2012 (he was held out of the Cinn game). He would have hit 1000 yards in both seasons had he played 16 games.

Regardless if he hit 1000 or not in the 3 seasons he was here (f you Cam ), Boldin is the best WR that has ever suited up for the Ravens. His physicality and downfield blocking get forgotten too (4th and 29).

I'm with RIW on this one, and have been since they traded him. Boldin was brought in to replace Mason as primary possession receiver (just like Pitta/Dickson were brought in to replace Heap). I still can't understand why they would trade him without having a viable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I still can't understand why they would trade him without having a viable replacement.
    They did have one. He unfortunately dislocated his hip.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

They're loving Cam at LSU but I found this a little interesting: http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20...on_is_alr.html

5. Expect the Tigers to run some sort of Wildcat/read-option package with freshman quarterback Anthony Jennings. Just reading between the lines here, but Cameron mentioned that he worked with Ravens quarterback Tyrod Taylor during the offseason to learn from read-option concepts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Actually, he morphed into the great receiver we all knew he could be once Cam was shown the door. It's No coincidence that once we had a coordinator who started planning to players strengths, the offense became very good. Unlike Cameron, Caldwell put round pegs in round holes.
    For some odd reason they all keep ignoring that fact.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Ya'll ready for Cam yet? :DeadHorse:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yes, and he's not the only one. The Niners first SB win with Montana, those receivers were nothing special. San Deigo's offenses with Cam Cameron, they frequently led the league in scoring, and they were very weak at WR. Hall of Famers at RB and TE, and a great O-line, but squadoosh at WR.

In general, WRs are the least important component of championship teams. Well, second-least behind FB. If you look at the rosters of the Super Bowl teams year after year, and count up the positions where they have Pro Bowl players, you'll find that FB has the lowest count of Pro Bowlers, and WR the second-lowest. (Thanks to mine and Chris Psuasskicker's friend Patch for those research results.) Championship teams usually have Pro Bowl O-linemen, and DBs, etc. But are not usually built around great receivers.

There are exceptions. The nineties had several championship teams build with exceptional WRs, including Jerry Rice, Coke-me-up Irvin, Rod Smith & Eddie McCaffrey, etc. But over a long stretch of time, great WRs have not been critical pieces of championship teams.

Eric Decker was a developing, up-and-coming WR before Manning got there. As a 24yo 2nd-year player he had 600 yds and 8 TDs with Tim Tebow throwing him the ball. Certainly that suggests he could be a thousand-yard guy as he matures, esp with Peyton freakin Manning throwing the football? Demaryius Thomas was a 1st-rd pick. These were not talentless clowns.

That was part of the point of their getting Manning. They already had guys to put around him, to make a legitimate passing offense.
    Cam's offenses led the league in scoring because of LaDainian Tomlinson.

Didn't have anything to do with their receivers.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.