View Poll Results: Who will you blame if the offense still struggles?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim Caldwell

1 3.03%
  • Joe Flacco

17 51.52%
  • John Harbaugh

1 3.03%
  • Ozzie Newsome

10 30.30%
  • The O-Line

4 12.12%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What If It Wasn't Cam?

If the offense struggles I am guessing the blame would be bad luck and or poor oline coaching. Hoping Castillo fixes the latter. I think the offense would have been great with Pitta. He is probably the third most indispensable player on offense behind Flacco and Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Easy one: Ozzie, for giving away our best WR, merely to save $2 million
    Boldin never had a great season in Baltimore, and the $6M (not $2M) that was saved in cap space was used to acquire Elvis Dumervil and Michael Huff. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    Boldin never had a great season in Baltimore, and the $6M (not $2M) that was saved in cap space was used to acquire Elvis Dumervil and Michael Huff. Move on.
    That cap space could have easily been saved elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

See, that's Cam's fault two. If he didn't misuse the man for two plus years, we wouldn't even be arguing about regular season stats vs. postseason stats.

Cam strikes again.

I can keep this up all night.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    See, that's Cam's fault two. If he didn't misuse the man for two plus years, we wouldn't even be arguing about regular season stats vs. postseason stats.

Cam strikes again.

I can keep this up all night.
    Pretty much.

It's unfair and almost hypocritical to bring up Cam in regards to Joe's stats, but ignore the impact he had on a guy who was an annual 1000 yard guy before Cam got his hands on him while bringing up his regular season numbers under Cam.

Just like Joe's numbers and success skyrocketed in the playoffs with Caldwell, so did Boldin's. I mean I know it's not this simple, but if you spread his playoff numbers over a full season, they are up there with his best seasons in Arizona.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Easy to say, but try it. Find 6 million in cap space and let us know who you cut, traded, or didn't sign and why those players are worth less to this team than Anquan would be.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Pretty much.

It's unfair and almost hypocritical to bring up Cam in regards to Joe's stats, but ignore the impact he had on a guy who was an annual 1000 yard guy before Cam got his hands on him while bringing up his regular season numbers under Cam.

Just like Joe's numbers and success skyrocketed in the playoffs with Caldwell, so did Boldin's. I mean I know it's not this simple, but if you spread his playoff numbers over a full season, they are up there with his best seasons in Arizona.

Many of us pointed out for years how detrimental Cam was to guys like Boldin.

RBs do really well in Cam's offense. QBs and WRs are consistently average. In fact, I believe that Cam (as an OC or HC in the NFL) only had three seasons with receivers over 1,000 yards. One was Antonio Gates while in San Diego and the other two seasons were Derrick Mason here in Baltimore. HELLO!

My guess is that had Cam been let go and Caldwell been the OC all year, Boldin would have easily surpassed 1,000 yards.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Easy to say, but try it. Find 6 million in cap space and let us know who you cut, traded, or didn't sign and why those players are worth less to this team than Anquan would be.
    We had over $5 million before resigning Leach.

I would not have re-signed Leach, had cut McClain for sure and if needed, Jacoby. None of whom are worth as much to this team as Boldin...one guy I've never liked and may never play again, another player plays a position that is being phased out and we wound up releasing anyway, and the last guy is a food return man, but has never shown himself to be a reliable WR...and I'd rather worry about the young WR's replacing a kick returner than Boldin.

There are other options available as well such as at least discussing a short extension with Boldin, or asking another player to take a pay cut or restructure.

Boldin's cap number was not this outrageous number that would have required gutting the team to retain.

Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 07-30-2013 at 09:44 PM.

R.I.W.

And don't forget David Reed's $2M.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    R.I.W.

And don't forget David Reed's $2M.
    Yeah, I forgot about that.

Yeah, I forgot about that.
    I wish I could.

;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Run...run...pass. Run...run...pass. Over and over and over again. Even the announcers were commenting on it. That's not aggressive by any stretch of the imagination. He didn't even vary it to take advantage of clear play action opportunities.
    Did the Ravens win a Lombardi? Did they not blow out the 49'ers if not for a power outage? It wasn't the offense that let the 9ers get close.