Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: The Foundation of the Passing Offense is still Intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Actually I do feel like that was a good trade.
    Things that really make ya go "Hmmmmmm".

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    How about good old fashioned slants instead of lob passes? Other teams pick up 3rd downs using slants all the time. That's been the one thing that's eluded the Ravens back to the BB days.
    Sure that would work too.
    I mentioned lob passes specifically for the Boldin-obsessors.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Things that really make ya go "Hmmmmmm".
    I don't understand why that is so confusing to you. Many people thought it was a good trade when it happened. Not many people (including Ozzie) can see the future.

Let me ask you this...if Boldin gets hurt week 1 and misses the rest of the season, will you switch gears and consider the Boldin release a brilliant move???

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Sure that would work too.
    I mentioned lob passes specifically for the Boldin-obsessors.
    Gotcha. Personally, I could live a long time without seeing another lob pass. (And if it's not clear by now, I am NOT a Boldin obsessor. And I'm not saying the sky is falling because of the WR situation. I do, however, think it's less than prudent to rely on the current WR corps, and/or to wait until later on to bring in another WR. The longer Joe has to work with a WR, the better.)

I don't understand why that is so confusing to you. Many people thought it was a good trade when it happened.
    Clearly.

Let me ask you this...if Boldin gets hurt week 1 and misses the rest of the season, will you switch gears and consider the Boldin release a brilliant move???
    I already think trading Boldin was the smart move. It's the fact that the Ravens have not aggressively attempted to replace him with a proven NFL caliber WR that I find highly questionable.

Clearly.

I already think trading Boldin was the smart move. It's the fact that the Ravens have not aggressively attempted to replace him with a proven NFL caliber WR that I find highly questionable.

I'm not sure exactly who that would have been.

Blog Entries

If I had to guess, replacing a proven NFL caliber WR would have likely cost as much as Boldin did.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure exactly who that would have been.
    Mike Wallace was a free agent. He woulda been cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Mike Wallace was a free agent. He woulda been cheap.

It's the fact that the Ravens have not aggressively attempted to replace him with a proven NFL caliber WR . . . .
    But is that really a fact? Unless you are in that inner circle, you really can't say what the Ravens have aggressively attempted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If I had to guess, replacing a proven NFL caliber WR would have likely cost as much as Boldin did.
    Ya get what ya pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    But is that really a fact? Unless you are in that inner circle, you really can't say what the Ravens have aggressively attempted to do.
    LOL. They have stated openly that they are content to stay with the WRs they have. They made no attempt to draft a WR even though they were within 1 pick of potentially drafting one. They have not made a single move to even bring in a WR since the draft. You want/need more than that? Be my guest.

There are 3 options at this point:

1. Stay with the WRs on hand.
    2. Bring in a FA WR now.
    3. Wait until later on to bring in a WR.