Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The chiropractor. Anyone know the terms?
    Yes. kick ass and take names, thems the terms.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  2. #32

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Very good to hear. Glad the league didn't value him, because I sure do.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Very good to hear. Glad the league didn't value him, because I sure do.
    The sad reality of being a fan.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    If you can get the best player at his position at a reasonable price you do it. The question is given the other offers Leach received was the Ravens price still reasonable or is it expensive? Guess we'll find out.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #35

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Can Juice maybe try some work at TE with Leach in as FB?




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    795
    Excellent.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,880
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Can Juice maybe try some work at TE with Leach in as FB?
    That is probably in the cards.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Can Juice maybe try some work at TE with Leach in as FB?
    Based on how DeCosta described Juice after the draft that has to be the plan. Why else talk about the ability of a fullback to catch balls down field? Juice is going to be a H-back which means he'll be lining up all over the place. Don't be shocked when Juice and Leach are in game at the same time.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #39

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Harbaugh On Juice (I'm paraphrasing)

    "He's very versatile.....more of a move guy, not going to be the guy on the line of scrimmage knocking guys off of the ball.......he can kick out and get up on a linebacker or DB and catch passes."

    Sounds to me like they drafted Juice with the intention of him being an H-Back much more so than an ISO fullback.

    Harbaugh did say that Juices' issues in lead blocking were more technique (setting his base and rolling his hips) than anything else.




  10. #40

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Leach also catches passes out of the backfield and is great on special teams.
    He isn't pretty, but if he catches it, he'll hang onto it. It seemed like they were using him more often on the outlet routes/passes late last season, perhaps to save some wear and tear on Rice.

    Whatev', he's the best at what he does, and that can't hurt.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,565

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Based on how DeCosta described Juice after the draft that has to be the plan. Why else talk about the ability of a fullback to catch balls down field? Juice is going to be a H-back which means he'll be lining up all over the place. Don't be shocked when Juice and Leach are in game at the same time.
    I will be totally shocked to see that because if that happens most likely two of the following three: Rice, Pearce, and Dickson are not on the field, if not all three. Opposing defenses could then lock down on the very few offensive weapons that Ravens did put out on the play. Given that Juice is making a huge step from the Ivy league and that Leach just isn't much of a threat that defenses have to worry about, playing them both at the same time this year is well, just asking to punt the ball.

    The DeCosta said that about Juice is great but we gotta realize that it was said "in theory." He needs time to acclimate to a much tougher league.

    And for Leach, as we know, the team ran for a higher average with him on the sidelines last year.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I will be totally shocked to see that because if that happens most likely two of the following three: Rice, Pearce, and Dickson are not on the field, if not all three. Opposing defenses could then lock down on the very few offensive weapons that Ravens did put out on the play. Given that Juice is making a huge step from the Ivy league and that Leach just isn't much of a threat that defenses have to worry about, playing them both at the same time this year is well, just asking to punt the ball.

    The DeCosta said that about Juice is great but we gotta realize that it was said "in theory." He needs time to acclimate to a much tougher league.

    And for Leach, as we know, the team ran for a higher average with him on the sidelines last year.
    I don't think it will happen right away but it's something I used to watch Joe Gibbs use on 3rd and longs. Offset I-formation with Leach and Rice. Juice lined up at TE or goes in motion and ends up at TE Leach and Rice go to the strong side allowing Flacco to either hand off to Rice, play-action to Rice and hit Juice or quick pass to Rice with Leach and Juice out in front. That a lot of beef coming down on a defense.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  13. #43

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    I am guessing that Juice will play more than Leach. I don't anticipate the Ravens running a ton of I formation except in short yardage situations. Juice may be in on those plays along with Leach if he is a better blocker than the other TEs. I expect to see a lot of H-back with Juice. You don't need to as good of lead blocker to play H-back. It helps but it is not a necessity. You need to be a threat in the passing game so that the defense can't stack the box. The Ravens used Pitta as an H-back some last year and he is not a great blocker. The Ravens went away from Leach last year because they were not that effective out of the I formation. The offense took off under Caldwell when they added speed to the outside and moved Boldin inside. With Pitta going down I imagine it is going to be a combo of Jones and Thompson on the outside and Doss/Juice/shiancoe taking over Pitta's spot alongside Dickson. There are a lot of unknowns in the receiving core but that is the NFL in the salary cap era.

    With speed guys on the outside it should open up the field for the running backs who seem to better suited for 1 back formations and for guys Dickson and someone else to work the middle of the field. If Joe connects with Jones and/or Thompson on some deep throws it will keep the defense honest. Pitta would have had monster numbers working the middle this year.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,794

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    The goal is to have versatility in the lineup in order to exploit the packages the defense sends in. If you've got guys who can block, catch and create mismatches, then when the defense goes with the base package you spread them out and get guys like Juice and Dickson on linebackers, and if the defense brings in the nickel package, you use the same players to tighten down and have your big guys blow up the little CBs on a running play.




  15. #45

    Re: Ravens Re-Sign Vonta Leach

    Have we heard the contract details yet?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland