Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Make a prediction

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    I predict the 2013 Broncos have a season eerily reminiscent of the 2007 Ravens.

They stormed through last year's regular season on the wings of a newly signed but aging former MVP QB who gradually ran out of gas toward the end of the season. They seemed assured of a Super Bowl berth before losing at home after a bye week to a team that nobody considered to be much of a contender (who went on to win a SB).

They looked great in camp and started a season with many people predicting great success, however a rash of injuries at key positions began in the first game and the season started to completely unravel shortly afterward.
    This. I have thought the same thing.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    I predict the 2013 Broncos have a season eerily reminiscent of the 2007 Ravens.

They stormed through last year's regular season on the wings of a newly signed but aging former MVP QB who gradually ran out of gas toward the end of the season. They seemed assured of a Super Bowl berth before losing at home after a bye week to a team that nobody considered to be much of a contender (who went on to win a SB).

They looked great in camp and started a season with many people predicting great success, however a rash of injuries at key positions began in the first game and the season started to completely unravel shortly afterward.
    Eery is indeed the right word.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Eery is indeed the right word.
    You don't win the Super Bowl with someone else's old quarterback. Favre came close and I'm sure a team has done it once or twice but it's not a good plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

For 10 years in a row a team that finished bottom of their division then won it the next year. Two years ago it was Denver and last year it was Washington

Laugh at me if you will but my prediction is the 4-12 Detriot Lions will win the 2013 NFC North

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Before the season is over, at least one poster will make a grand proclamation that he / she can't take it anymore and is no longer rooting for the Ravens and/or will no longer post on this forum.
    This will happen in the first pre-season game! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You don't win the Super Bowl with someone else's old quarterback. Favre came close and I'm sure a team has done it once or twice but it's not a good plan
    Just did a quick search. Of the last ten superbowl winning QB's, it looks like only Drew Brees was not drafted by the team he won the superbowl with. When Brees signed with New Orleans he was 9 years younger than Manning was when he signed with the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Good call - you have to dig back on this one. Jim Plunkett comes to mind. Beyond that...

Blog Entries

The Patriots will have their first losing season in god knows how long. The wheels are finally gonna come off that cart.